Bar Harbour info please

Could someone tell me if we would be better off doing a trip organised by cruise ship or if we could do our own thing at Bar harbour. Would like to do drive round Arcadia national Park Cadillac mountain and do some walking in the park but still have some time in Bar harbour itself. Roughly how much would a taxi charge and are there many around where you dock?

Also what are the best things to see in this area? Also interested in whale watching but can't do everything. Never been before.

We recently used At Your Service Taxi Co. 207-288-9222. They also have a website.

It was a mini-van, excellent driver/guide and cost $70.00/hr.

Four of us shared and we visited Acadia Park, stopped at the Visitor's Center, Cadillac Mtn., Frenchman's Bay, Sand Beach and Thunderhole. We were gone 3 hrs.

I pre-booked and the van was waiting for us when we arrived off the tender.

Your other options are Oli's Trolley and Acadia Tours.

We just did exactly the same thing. They were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to tailor the visit to exactly our time frame and interests. Price and details are as lannp says. We also added a tip.

We recently used At Your Service Taxi Co. 207-288-9222. They also have a website.

It was a mini-van, excellent driver/guide and cost $70.00/hr.

Four of us shared and we visited Acadia Park, stopped at the Visitor's Center, Cadillac Mtn., Frenchman's Bay, Sand Beach and Thunderhole. We were gone 3 hrs.

I pre-booked and the van was waiting for us when we arrived off the tender.

Your other options are Oli's Trolley and Acadia Tours.

We just did exactly the same thing. They were prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to tailor the visit to exactly our time frame and interests. Price and details are as lannp says. We also added a tip.

Thanks for the information. I will try them.

Archived