Sailing away on Liberty today! (and some Miami notes)

We flew into Miami yesterday morning. The weather was great UNTIL last night. Incredible thunderstorms blew in around 8:30 pm. Luckily, we made it back to our hotel before the deluge. We still enjoyed a fireworks show as the storm stopped for a short while.

I wanted to share a couple of notes about Miami while I still remember them:

When we left the airport, there was a booth for the Super Shuttle. I asked the rate from MIA to Holiday Inn-Port of Miami and it was $55 for four people. I walked to the left a little way down the sidewalk and found a taxi stand. The rate for us was only $22.50. Big savings there.

We booked Holiday Inn Port of Miami from recommendations here on Cruise Critic. Holiday Inn is awesome!! We have a room on the 9th floor, facing the Bayside Marketplace. (I read some reviews where people commented on the noise from the street all night long...not so. The room was very quiet and comfortable.) We were able to watch fireworks from the comfort of our room last night. This morning, at 5:00 am, my son and I watched Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Liberty come in. What incredible sights!

If you go to the Holiday Inn website and sign up for the free Priority Club, you will get priority check-in plus a gold room key, which will save $5.00 off a meal.

The shuttle from HI to the port is $5 per person.

We are walking distance from the Intercontinental, which is HUGE.

Bayside Marketplace is literally across the street from Holiday Inn. There are street lights and crosswalks for safety. There are many shops and restaurants to choose from at the Marketplace. Bayfront Park is about half a mile walk from there.

The "people mover" is very cool. We walked out of the HI and turned right. We took our first right and walked about a block to a free monorail. There are two routes: inner loop, which circles the downtown area, and outer loop, which we don't know where it goes since we didn't use that one. It was cool to "tour" the downtown area from above.

I think that's it for now.

When you get back let me know which room you got :) We are going to be there in 2 weeks and can't wait. We stayed there last year and had no noise on the pre-cruise stay but on the post-cruise night we had alot of noise. It was odd but it may be common for bigger cities. There was a man out in front of Bayside on a loud speaker system "preaching" loudly and it went on and on. Other than that we heard no noise at all. Loved looking out and being able to see the ships in the morning. For my dh it makes staying at any Holiday Inn worth it :) I hope you have a wonderful cruise. We were on the Liberty back in April and it's my favorite ship so far.

If you go to the Holiday Inn website and sign up for the free Priority Club, you will get priority check-in plus a gold room key, which will save $5.00 off a meal.

Ok, couldn't find it on their website. What time can you check in with the priority check in. Our flight in september just got changed and we arrive in Miami at 10 am:eek:

We flew into Miami yesterday morning. The weather was great UNTIL last night. Incredible thunderstorms blew in around 8:30 pm. Luckily, we made it back to our hotel before the deluge. We still enjoyed a fireworks show as the storm stopped for a short while.

I wanted to share a couple of notes about Miami while I still remember them:

When we left the airport, there was a booth for the Super Shuttle. I asked the rate from MIA to Holiday Inn-Port of Miami and it was $55 for four people. I walked to the left a little way down the sidewalk and found a taxi stand. The rate for us was only $22.50. Big savings there.

We booked Holiday Inn Port of Miami from recommendations here on Cruise Critic. Holiday Inn is awesome!! We have a room on the 9th floor, facing the Bayside Marketplace. (I read some reviews where people commented on the noise from the street all night long...not so. The room was very quiet and comfortable.) We were able to watch fireworks from the comfort of our room last night. This morning, at 5:00 am, my son and I watched Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Liberty come in. What incredible sights!

The shuttle from HI to the port is $5 per person.

We are walking distance from the Intercontinental, which is HUGE.

Bayside Marketplace is literally across the street from Holiday Inn. There are street lights and crosswalks for safety. There are many shops and restaurants to choose from at the Marketplace. Bayfront Park is about half a mile walk from there.

The "people mover" is very cool. We walked out of the HI and turned right. We took our first right and walked about a block to a free monorail. There are two routes: inner loop, which circles the downtown area, and outer loop, which we don't know where it goes since we didn't use that one. It was cool to "tour" the downtown area from above.

I think that's it for now.

thanks for the info,

have a great cruise !!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, couldn't find it on their website. What time can you check in with the priority check in. Our flight in september just got changed and we arrive in Miami at 10 am:eek:

When you are on the main Holiday Inn website, you should see a link for

PRIORITY CLUB REWARDS in the upper left hand side, just under the Holiday Inn logo.

Our flight landed at 10:10. By the time we got our luggage and taxi, we got to the hotel around 10:45 and were able to check in right away. I called the hotel directly about three weeks before arrival to request an early check-in as well as a high floor and a view of the bay.

Archived