snorkeling at Our Lucaya - Freeport?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is decent snorkeling off the beach at Our Lucaya (this is the Sheraton/Westin resorts beach that many people go to). If not, does anyone know if there are any snorkeling tours you can get right from that area (there's a marketplace near there that perhaps would have tours?!)

Thanks

Not aware of any beach snorkeling, but a number of years ago we made an impromptu stop there due to bad weather elsewhere. We found a snorkel boat at the marina near the marketplace. We took a bus from the pier, then walked through the market to the marina. It really wasn't worth the time or money. The reef was in terrible condition.

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is decent snorkeling off the beach at Our Lucaya (this is the Sheraton/Westin resorts beach that many people go to). If not, does anyone know if there are any snorkeling tours you can get right from that area (there's a marketplace near there that perhaps would have tours?!)

Thanks

we took a tour from the marina across from the sheraton/westin.. great snorkeling, even saw some sharks and barracuda.. there was also a tour that picked you up from the beach in front of the sheraton..on the beach.. but i think this is the company that is now used by the cruiselines

Archived