Radisson At The Port

CRUISEMAMMA

We have never stayed any other place in PC. Our kids have always enjoyed the Radisson. I really love it on Friday nights at the pool. Unless they have remodeled since we were there you can sit at the pool bar, eat and enjoy the live music all while watching the kids in the pool.

We have had various rooms. Mostly the standard room but we have also had a King suite with a whirlpool style tub in the bedroom.

Has Anyone Ever Sailed Out Of Port Canaveral And Stayed At The Radisson At The Port? How Was It? Thanks

We've stayed there 3 times and absolutely loved it. Great hotel, great rates and close to the port, about 1 mile. They have free shuttle and free parking if you didn't know that. You want to make sure you call ahead about 3 or 4 weeks and be put on the schedule for shuttle over to the port. They never use to put you on the schedule that early but I guess they changed it. I believe the first shuttle over is at 10:30.

There is a webcam that you can use to see the ships in port too.

Most definately a place I'll stay at anytime.

We've stayed there 3 times and absolutely loved it. Great hotel, great rates and close to the port, about 1 mile. They have free shuttle and free parking if you didn't know that. You want to make sure you call ahead about 3 or 4 weeks and be put on the schedule for shuttle over to the port. They never use to put you on the schedule that early but I guess they changed it. I believe the first shuttle over is at 10:30.

There is a webcam that you can use to see the ships in port too.

Most definately a place I'll stay at anytime.

Wow I forgot to add all that. Another tip is the fact you do NOT have to pay for the cruise package at the hotel in order to take the shuttle or use the parking. You do have to make sure you get the parking hanger and that you park in the correct parking lot. They will tell you where it is located. Years ago you use to be able to park in front of the building but now you have a specific parking lot on the side of the building.

Do call ahead for the shuttle scheduling. We were able to get our "appointment" the day I booked. There use to be a certain lady that worked there that would book way in advance. I can not remember her name and I am unsure if she still works there. You had to ask for her and if you spoke to anyone else they would tell you to call back 2 weeks before your reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there in May 08. Wonderful hotel. We booked a King room and actually got a King suite. There is a Pizza Kitchen next door that is wonderful too. If driving to the Port they do offer parking at the hotel with shuttle to the port.

Has Anyone Ever Sailed Out Of Port Canaveral And Stayed At The Radisson At The Port? How Was It? Thanks

I am partial to the Radisson for their GM is one of the greatest person when it comes to the guest. Joe has gone well over the boundries in making sure the guest are comfortable and if any help is needed, he is right there.

Radisson

Beginning July 9 2007 Radisson will officially offer free transportation for guests – the Area will be the Port, Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, Merritt Square Mall and free transportation (to and from) and highly discounted tickets to Kennedy Space Center.

Free cruise parking with an overnight stay

Breakfast buffet for $9.95, some higher rates include breakfast

Radisson webcam (points to the port):

http://www.radissonport.com/CruiseShips.htm

ROOM INFORMATION PER REQUEST

None of the rooms will give you an ocean view since they are several blocks from the ocean. The standard rooms are only 2 stories. the suite buildings are 3 stories. For standard rooms and either the 200 or 400 building for suites. The 200 building is closer to the pool although the pool area may get quite noisy so if you want a quiet area request courtyard view. The most favorite rooms are in the 800 building 2nd floor facing the pool. Be aware that most of the pool side rooms are king rooms. There are just a few rooms with 2 beds facing the pool.

Due to the construction of high rise condo's, there are very few rooms that will give you small views of the ships unfortunalty none have a wide open view of the port any more.

MESSAGE FROM JOE P. GENERAL MANAGERThe Cruise package includes breakfast and is available at all times

We do shuttle any hotel guest to the port

And at times we do offer discounts on rooms available on the internet and have special conditions such as no refund and prepayment

BE AWARE THAT THE RADISSON IS GOING TO BE A NON SMOKING HOTEL AND NO LONGER HAVE SMOKING ALLOWED ROOMS. THERE WILL BE COMFORT AREAS FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO SMOKE.

Stayed at the Radisson 5 or 6 times, and never had a bad experience. The 1st shuttle is around 11:15 or so. Do call ahead and get on the list. Saturday is a busier day with both Disney and Carnival sailing. Sunday is slower with just RCI.

Another favorable response for the Raddison at the Port. We loved our stay there and will definitely be back. I agree that the Saturday shuttle crowd is crazy. However, I was impressed with the way that they handled it and announced your name and party size once they had your shuttle ready to load.

Nice pool, nice rooms, very near the Port, we could see the ships arriving early in the morning. We also ate at Kelsey's Pizza and Pasta next door - it was ok.

So, whatever the quoted room rate is on, say, Expedia, would include the parking and the shuttle to the port? I'm thinking about doing this also, but not sure. Expedia is quoting me $99 for the night I need, and it doesn't say anything about the parking or shuttle. The would be less than parking at the port. Thanks for the help!

So, whatever the quoted room rate is on, say, Expedia, would include the parking and the shuttle to the port? I'm thinking about doing this also, but not sure. Expedia is quoting me $99 for the night I need, and it doesn't say anything about the parking or shuttle. The would be less than parking at the port. Thanks for the help!

Just be sure you reserve the shuttle thru the Radisson directly!:) :)

just to give you another option if they are full for some reason.. we stayed last yr at the residence inn which is right next door and were very pleased, but I'm not sure if they have shuttle svc or free parking while you are away on the cruise.. we had a rental car so it really wasn't a need for us

Hi ssaterly, who did you book thru?

Its an employee rate.. I work for the Carlson Company. When are you cruiseing.. Call the 800 number and book the cruise package.. its only 129 and ou get free breakfast and car parking and shuttle to and from the port as well. Not bad

Archived