Just Returned From Alaska/Rhapsody

Bonnie, we have aft cabin 8088 (port side) booked for September. My thinking was that it didn't much matter on the first sea day which side of the ship we were on. However, most of the rest of the time, we'll be headed south, so we'd then be on the "coast" side of the ship. We'll have a wonderful view of both shorelines while we are in the inside passage.

(As you no doubt know, the wraparound corner afts on the Vision and Rhapsody are amazing. I've had 7152 before on a cruise with my daughter and it was like having a whole other cabin outside.)

Well, I solved the dilemma of port or starboard! I just held cabin 7652 on Rhapsody for next Summer! :D (aft/corner wrap-around balcony) I think that will work out just fine! ;)

We will be on this cruise Aug. 1. when you booked the shuttle from the ship to the airport(our flights are also leaving around 1) were they there at the port waiting for you, and do you think this is better than getting a taxi.

Thanks

Linda

Bonnie, Yeah, I'm so excited for you. Your going to love it, I just hate you have to wait a year. I've been in weather and scenery withdrawal all day!!!!!

I've got a few other cruises to look forward to PRIOR to Rhapsody. I am a warm-weather gal and have put off going to Alaska because it is NOT warm, but I promised my mother-in-law I'd take her up there eventually, and decided not to put it off much longer. Now that I've started planning it, I am getting excited about it! :D

We will be on this cruise Aug. 1. when you booked the shuttle from the ship to the airport(our flights are also leaving around 1) were they there at the port waiting for you, and do you think this is better than getting a taxi.

Thanks

Linda

Linda, I chose Shuttle Express because there were 5 of us. They are there when you get off the ship. I guess you could price it out to see which is better.

I've got a few other cruises to look forward to PRIOR to Rhapsody. I am a warm-weather gal and have put off going to Alaska because it is NOT warm, but I promised my mother-in-law I'd take her up there eventually, and decided not to put it off much longer. Now that I've started planning it, I am getting excited about it! :D

Ah, I see. I however love it!!! My mother does not love it, so she took Cuddle Duds.

Well, I solved the dilemma of port or starboard! I just held cabin 7652 on Rhapsody for next Summer! :D (aft/corner wrap-around balcony) I think that will work out just fine! ;)

Sounds great to me! I think you'll be pleased. When I saw that 8088 was available for my upcoming cruise, I booked first and told DH later. (Okay, it was only 5 minutes later since I couldn't find my credit card and had to use his.)

I smiled at your later statement about not wanting to go where it's cool since I am so looking forward to some time in the Pacific Northwest to get away from the Texas heat. We are just really beginning to hit the upper 90's on a consistent basis and I've already had enough of it.

Sounds great to me! I think you'll be pleased. When I saw that 8088 was available for my upcoming cruise, I booked first and told DH later. (Okay, it was only 5 minutes later since I couldn't find my credit card and had to use his.)

I smiled at your later statement about not wanting to go where it's cool since I am so looking forward to some time in the Pacific Northwest to get away from the Texas heat. We are just really beginning to hit the upper 90's on a consistent basis and I've already had enough of it.

I use to live near Houston! I know about the Texas heat! :D I sweated in places that I didn't realize had sweat glands! :eek: But, I still love the heat and detest the cold. I think Alaska will be tolerable in August though! ;) I wasn't originally planning on booking a balcony at all, because I figured I wouldn't want to be outside (in the cold). But on hindsight I realized I was being stupid and went ahead and grabbed a cabin in my FAVORITE location...AFT!!! All is well now, and I will soon be surprising my mother-in-law with news of this awesome trip! She and I take a "girlie" cruise together every summer. We leave next month for a Baja Mexico cruise on Monarch out of LA. I think I will tell her about Alaska while we are on Monarch.

I have that cabin for 21 nights on a B2B (Australia/Great Barrier Reef & South Pacific/New Caledonia) in Nov 08. I will let you know how it is. I'm so excited. :D

You'll love it! 7152 (its twin) was wonderful. I spent two weeks years ago in Australia/NZ and would love a cruise on the Rhapsody to that area. Just another cruise on my wish list.... (As is a cruise to Cabo San Lucas.)

Bonnie, you do know the heat only too well. Houston is much worse than Dallas. Have a great cruise with your MIL. I've been lucky to do two girls' cruises with my daughter and loved both of them. However, she thinks she wants to go to one place and stay there for a week for our next trip. If I hadn't been present when she arrived, I'd question her ancestry.

[quote name='vickiw0318']You'll love it! 7152 (its twin) was wonderful. I spent two weeks years ago in Australia/NZ and would love a cruise on the Rhapsody to that area. Just another cruise on my wish list.... (As is a cruise to Cabo San Lucas.)

Bonnie, you do know the heat only too well. Houston is much worse than Dallas. Have a great cruise with your MIL. I've been lucky to do two girls' cruises with my daughter and loved both of them. However, she thinks she wants to go to one place and stay there for a week for our next trip. If I hadn't been present when she arrived, I'd question her ancestry.[/quote]

Aaaackkkk! :eek: A LAND vacation? Is she crazy? :p ;)

[quote name='purplehair'][COLOR=darkorchid][SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic][B]I have written the review. I will let you know when it is posted. They tell me within the next 48 hours.[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

My review still hasn't been posted and I wrote it more than a week ago. I got an email from them saying that they would send me another email when it was posted, but still nothing.
We sailed on Rhapsody on June 20th

[quote name='purplehair'][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic][B]I just returned Friday night from Alaska on Rhapsody of the Seas. We had a wonderful time, the weather was fabulous, cool with lots of sunshine in every port. The ship was great, the food was great and all the ports were great fun also. Stayed very busy and saw a lot. I will answer questions if any one has them. One thing I will comment on was the Royal Caribbean singers and dancers, they were the best I've seen on any of my previous cruises. This crew really has some talent.
We stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle pre cruise. This place is wonderful! The staff is very friendly and accomadating. it's very centrally located we walked everywhere and took the monorail. The hotel is connected to Westlake Center and the monorail station. I would definately stay there again.:D
[/B][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
I am looking forward to going on this ship. It will be my first on the Rhapsody. We are doing Alaska 9/11/09

So, I made it official! I'm taking my mother-in-law to Alaska on Rhapsody next August! We have cabin 7652 booked! I debated whether to take this corner balcony or the other one as I feel the other (7152) has a better vantage point for viewing scenery since we will be sailing south once we hit Juneau. But I thought 7652 will not have any issues with noise from the bandstand below like 7152 might and we tend to go to bed early. Both corners are available, so I can take whichever I want. Anyone have thoughts on that?

My itinerary is different than what Rhapsody is currently sailing. They start this new itinerary next summer I think. I know it's not the most popular ship or itinerary, but it is the one that worked out best for my travel needs...and it is the one that had the best balcony cabin available! ;)

[I][FONT=Times New Roman]RHAPSODY OF THE SEAS Itinerary[/FONT][/I]

[B][FONT=Times New Roman]Cruise Line : [/FONT][/B][FONT=Times New Roman]ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][B]Cruise Length : [/B]7 Nights[/FONT]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]SEATTLE[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma], WASHINGTON [/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]SEA DAY[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]JUNEAU[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma], ALASKA[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]SKAGWAY[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma], ALASKA[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]TRACY[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma] ARM FJORD, ALASKA[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]SEA DAY[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]VICTORIA[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma], BRITISH COLUMBIA[/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Tahoma]SEATTLE[/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma], WASHINGTON[/FONT][/I]

[FONT=Tahoma]DOCKED[/FONT]

[quote name='springtxbill']It isthe same iten except for Victoria being substituted for mPrince Rupert.[/quote]

...and they flip-flopped the last sea day. I believe they currently hit Prince Rupert and THEN have a sea day. We have our sea day and THEN hit Victoria. But, you're right, it is pretty much the same. Whatever it is, I'm going on it! :D I just want us to have a nice blend of ship time, nature time, see some snow-capped mountains and pretty scenery, walk around some quaint ports, and basically just enjoy ourselves. I think this ship and itinerary will fit the bill nicely! ;) I KNOW the balcony fits the bill nicely! Last summer my Mother-in-law and I had the same deck 7 aft/corner balcony on Enchantment and it was awesome! It looks even larger on Rhapsody! :eek: I can see me now, all bundled up in my big heavy comforter pulled off of the bed, out on the balcony in one of our many lounge chairs, watching the splendor that is Alaska, thinking to myself...."Damned it's cold out here, where's the beach?!" :D

Bonnie may you and your MIL be blessed with as good (or better weather) than my Mom and I had at the end of May. If you are, you won't be needing that comforter - and you might be wanting some shorts!

Archived