Use The Bus Going to the Beach, Jolly P, etc.

afcj1

We were in Aruba in Oct07 and had read so much about taxi service and questionable fares, that we decided to take the bus. The station is across the street from the cruise terminal and the cost was $1.20 (I think) It dropped us off across from the Holiday Inn on the bach and was very convenient. Give yourself time, as we waited about 20 min for the bus to leave, then it was about a 15-20 min ride.

Also, I know that there's a separate Jolly Pirates thread, but to confirm with others, it was a very enjoyable excursion. You can make it as fun as you want, party with everyone or not. It was extremely enjoyable. BTW, I wasn't one of the partiers and had a great time snorkeling and watching everyone have so much fun, especially rope swinging :) The crew is in AMAZING shape:D

Enjoy!

The bus is an economical alternative. That said, I've taken many taxi rides and was charged the proper fare. This board and others list the current fares and I would guess 99% of drivers abide by them.

Enjoy your next trip.

Archived