Crown Princess balconies - Aloha or Baja

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere so sorry for asking again but ....we are getting ready to book on the Crown Princess for 4/19/08. We are looking at Cat. BD/Balcony on either the Aloha or Baja Deck. Looks like forward on the Aloha Deck and midship on the Baja. Can anyone tell me if these are covered balconies. Never been on Princess before and very excited!

We were on Emerald last year which is just the same. We were on A deck and were not ovelooked, if that is what you mean. We could look down on C deck but they looked bigger balconies, not that ours was small.

Hi, I don't remember the category cabin I was in last summer on the Crown, but it was a balcony. We were on Caribe deck and our balconies were 1/2 covered and 1/2 exposed and they were large! We had two 'semi' lounge chairs, a table and two regular chairs.

Aloha and Baja were above us and I think Aloha is exposed and Baja is covered, but I could be very wrong! I didn't spend much time looking up, just looking out! :)

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere so sorry for asking again but ....we are getting ready to book on the Crown Princess for 4/19/08. We are looking at Cat. BD/Balcony on either the Aloha or Baja Deck. Looks like forward on the Aloha Deck and midship on the Baja. Can anyone tell me if these are covered balconies. Never been on Princess before and very excited!

Both the Aloha deck and Baja deck balconies are completely covered.

From our past experience in staying in both Cat BD or BC we prefer BD - Baja because the cabins are mid-ship. Easier to get to the dining areas, pools, elevators, and main areas of the ship. There is less noticeable movement.

BC - Ahola is only one deck above Baja. But, the cabins are usually forward or rear.

If the cabin is way forward you have to walk all the way back to the Horizion Court - almost the full length of the ship. If your cabin is in the rear - you will notice more motion of the ship.

Some say the higher you are the better the cabin. Sometimes it's not the case.

I was on Grand Princess Baja deck, completely covered. Now I am booked on Baja deck on Ruby Princess which is completely uncovered. My TA suggested port side mid-ship ( we like mid-ship) she said it was shadyside. We will see! Being it will be port intensive cruise in the Med., we won't be out there too much. Wish they would cover all the balconies and stop this nonsense with covered/uncovered.

Crown and Ruby and Emerald are same layout.

Packed and ready,

I believe you are mistaken. Baja deck on Ruby should be the same as Crown, Emerald and Caribbean and have fully covered 9 x 5 ft sized balconies.

On all these ships, Caribe deck balconies are partly covered but sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep.

Only Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies are fully uncovered (and sized 9 ft wide x 7 ft deep).

Hope this helps.

Out of the choices of Aloha, Baja or Caribe, I prefer the Caribe balcony because they are larger than Aloha or Baja....they are tiered so the higher the deck the smaller the balcony....as a previous post mentioned, the highest is not always the best.....most of the huge suites on these ships are on Dolphin Deck.....those on Aloha or Baja can look down at Caribe deck, but we LOVED the size of the balconies on Caribe!

Luvthegoodlife-

I hope I am mistaken, I prefer covered balconies. I called Princess and they know as much as me, lol Princess told my TA they were uncovered!

CRUISERTN- we had c753 aft on the GP. The biggest balcony we ever had.

Thanks all

We had A404 (Aloha deck) last year on the Golden and loved it. The balconies on the higher decks are smaller, but more than adequate for coffee and breakfast and viewing coming into port. It's also private. Caribe and Dolphin had me (and everyone else up high) looking down on them.

This year we wanted lounge chairs, which can't be accommodated on the port/starboard balconies of the higher decks. We lucked out and got C753, an aft corner cabin on Sapphire.

So it depends on what you want/will be happy with. I loved the higher up view on Aloha and I will love the stretch out and sleep on Caribe.

Tee

Did you have any obstruction in C753? We almost splurged and booked C751 but decided against it after reading about "the beam" and seeing the photos......I am going to check it out in person when we are onboard this fall if I possibly can........I wanted to book an aft balcony such as C753 for our upcoming Crown Princess cruise, but my husband wanted to do a mini-suite guarantee just to see what happens.....I would have been more than happy with that large aft balcony......so far, still no cabin assignment so don't know if the upgrade fairy will take care of us or not....I have my fingers crossed but will not hold my breath!! LOL

Did you have any obstruction in C753? We almost splurged and booked C751 but decided against it after reading about "the beam" and seeing the photos......I am going to check it out in person when we are onboard this fall if I possibly can........I wanted to book an aft balcony such as C753 for our upcoming Crown Princess cruise, but my husband wanted to do a mini-suite guarantee just to see what happens.....I would have been more than happy with that large aft balcony......so far, still no cabin assignment so don't know if the upgrade fairy will take care of us or not....I have my fingers crossed but will not hold my breath!! LOL

No, C753 has no obstruction. It wraps around the side enough to increase the visual considerably. I turned down a mini in favor of it... but then I dislike the Princess minis annyway because I want the bed closer to the balcony.

I just attached one of the C753 Balcony (category BB) cabin on diamond which is virtually identical to Sapphire. I am also seeing that that cabin is identical on a lot of the Princess ships. This pic was taken from the doorway back into the cabin. Click on it for a slightly larger view.

Tee

DiamondC753a.jpg.5efbc9e818a63ff83aed1c95af5123d4.jpg

Archived