HELP planning a honeymoon cruise

:D HELP!!!

My niece will be honeymooning in Aug. on an Alaskan cruise!!! I would like to know:

1 - can I prepay hot stone massages for them?

2 - Can I prepay Portofino's for them?

3 - Can we make sure they have a table for 2 by the window ahead of time?

4 - Has anyone done those pkgs that have just married decorations on and in the room? How was it?

5 - Any other suggestions?

Thanks much!!!

My niece will be honeymooning in Aug. on an Alaskan cruise!!! I would like to know:

4 - Has anyone done those pkgs that have just married decorations on and in the room? How was it?

Thanks much!!!

we did our very fisrt cruise ever, on the Visions of the Seas to Alaska.I never had the hot stone massage but I did get one ina spa here and loved it, it is very relaxing.Portofino's is like the reservations only dining room on many of the ships today. It is worth the extra money if you want the special attention and one on one that comes from and intimate experience like that. we had a table for 8 in an area off to side( like an annex) to the main dining room. It was very intimate.The couple will be invited to join the captain for champage and canapes in a private lounge( make sure to tell RCCL they are on their honeymoon. You can get them a bon voyage gift like a honeymooners package or have the room decorated for them when they get on.Call RCCL to arrange this stuff.

we loed our experience on the VOS and are looking forward to going back on RCCL in 09.Don't miss the salmon bake in Ketchican( there was this great big Malamute that had a gaggle of duck following it all over the place.

I hope this helps

regards from Canada

Thanks much!!!

Congratulations to your neice! This is really a neat thing you are doing for her. She's a lucky girl to have you for an aunt!

You'll need their booking number, and if possible, their cabin number. You can get this from them or from their Travel Agent (if they used one). RCI will need this number when you order things.

Once you have the information, you can sign on to RCI's website and go to the Gift Shop section. You can order gift certificates for her to use at the spa, the restaurants, and you can order the wedding decorations (which are usually streamers and signs). When you go online, you will see alot of things you can order including wine, wine packages, candy, fruits and nuts, clothes, water bottles/thermoses, robes, romance packages, etc. etc.

I would call RCI (or her travel agent) to find out how to make reservations for Portofinos for her. Supposedly these can be done online now. We went on Adventure of the Seas last week, and it was easy to make reservations once they are onboard. They can go directly to the restaurant and make reservations or make reservations using the t.v. in their cabin.

We had our T.A. ask for a table for two when we made our reservations (just one month before we sailed RCI for the first time) and we were lucky enough to get one. This request can be made, but they never guarantee it. Sometimes, if you visit the dining room to check your table arrangements once you are onboard and you find that you haven't gotten what you want, you can tip the maitre'd and request a table for two. Sometimes they'll have one, sometimes they won't. Again, I'd have the T.A. ask or call RCI directly if they booked with RCI.

Other suggestions: I often send gift certificates, bottles of wine, candy, cookies, and other gifts to myself or to my relatives prior to sailing. I think sending gift certificates might be the most appreciated gift because your neice can then chose what she wants to spend it on. Another idea would be to buy her a photo package so they can have formal (or informal) portraits taken. Or, maybe purchase a shore excursion for her (if you know what she likes to do). She can cancel it or reschedule it for something else once she's onboard.

I'm sure she'll love whatever you send!

Bon Voyage

Karen in Kentucky:rolleyes:

I'm sure you can.

Yes, but let them decide the night.

Do you mean at Portofino? Probably yes. Do you mean for the duration of the cruise? Then no. All requests for tables are exactly that: Requests. There might be 100 couples honeymooning onboard (plus who knows how many others with special anniversaries or other events). They can't guarantee that everyone will have the dining room seating they want. High level C&A members and suite pax most often get the table requests they want, then everyone else's requests are considered.

Can't help you there, but everyone seems to really enjoy the cabin decorations for the various celebrations.

Not really except to say that your niece (and her DH-to-be) are very lucky to have you making their honeymoon even more special. How lovely!

Thanks much!!!

beachchick

Archived