Have you put your child in a lower age group?

kaf7878

We are sailing the Inspiration in December. My daugther will be 6 (6-8 group) and my son will be 9 (9-11 group). After looking at some recent capers from Inspiration, I'm not sure what to do about my son. His age group has a bunch of "scavenger hunt" type activities that are unsupervised (this age group can sign themselves out).

I will not be allowing him to leave Camp Carnival for this type of thing. I just think he is too young to be roaming a ship with only kids. So my question is, what would he be doing if he did not participate in the 9-11 activity during these times? Could he just join up with the other groups in Camp Carnival or do I need to sign him up for a specific group the entire cruise?

Also, have any of your children "downgraded" so that they were with their sibling the whole time (I think this would make life easier but not sure if he would go for it??). What was your and your child's experience?

Thank you!

I'm not sure what the kids do during the scavenger hunt activity if they don't go. You do have the opportunity to mark on the enrollment form that your child does/does not have permission to participate in unsupervised scavenger hunts and your child does/does not have permission to sign themselves out.

You'll know what time the scavenger hunt is. When my kids are that age, they will not have permission to do the unsupervised scavenger hunt either. If I were you, I wouldn't have my child there during that time. I'd either pick them up before that activity or sign them in after that activity.

You'll know what time the scavenger hunt is. When my kids are that age, they will not have permission to do the unsupervised scavenger hunt either. If I were you, I wouldn't have my child there during that time. I'd either pick them up before that activity or sign them in after that activity.

That would be ideal but there are about three of these activities on the first sea day which would mean only having him go for 45 mins at a time. (Pretty inconvenient). The other days aren't too bad but for some reason this first full cruise day is just chock full of "hunts".

Anyone else??

That would be ideal but there are about three of these activities on the first sea day which would mean only having him go for 45 mins at a time. (Pretty inconvenient). The other days aren't too bad but for some reason this first full cruise day is just chock full of "hunts".

Anyone else??

Our experience has been that the kids were NOT able to go up or down in the age groups. CC staff was very insistent that they had to remain in their age group.

I also did not feel comfortable with my DD going on unsupervized activities and put that on her form. When it was time for the scavenger hunt, the staff called and told me she was the only one not able to go and I went up to the club and went on the hunt with her group. I bought the kids in her group Ben and Jerry's, so they didn't mind too much.

We are going on RCI next month. My ds will be 11. My understanding is that only the teens can be by themselves or sign themselves out. Does anyone know RCI policy?

Kids who are in the 9-11 year old group can sign themselves out if the parent indicates they can do so on the form. If you don't want your 11-year-old to be able to sign themselves out, make sure you do not check the box that they can. Also, when you sign them in, mark "no" for if they can sign themselves out or not.

We are sailing the Inspiration in December. My daugther will be 6 (6-8 group) and my son will be 9 (9-11 group). After looking at some recent capers from Inspiration, I'm not sure what to do about my son. His age group has a bunch of "scavenger hunt" type activities that are unsupervised (this age group can sign themselves out).

I will not be allowing him to leave Camp Carnival for this type of thing. I just think he is too young to be roaming a ship with only kids. So my question is, what would he be doing if he did not participate in the 9-11 activity during these times? Could he just join up with the other groups in Camp Carnival or do I need to sign him up for a specific group the entire cruise?

Also, have any of your children "downgraded" so that they were with their sibling the whole time (I think this would make life easier but not sure if he would go for it??). What was your and your child's experience?

Thank you!

I am also encountering the same situation. We will be on The Inspiration in Sept and my DD will have just turned 9. I looked at the Capers as well and feel she would still be best suited for the 6-8 year old group. I will do my best and ask to keep her in the lower group(doesn't hurt to ask) considering she will have just turned 9 and maybe being it is Sept there will not be as many kids. If "NO" is the answer, I guess she will not be spending too much time in Camp Carnival.:(

Archived