Chankanaab Dolphin Encounter: Confused about ages for free child

tinabinab

Children from 1 to 5 years participate free, always accompanied by a participant and paying adult. This promotion applies only upon client request

If you have 1 to 5 years children, do not include them inside the reservation at the time to make your purchase. Please note that refunds do not apply after the reservation is made on line. If you include child and pay for it, refunds do not apply

Before finish your reservation please use the Comments Area to request the free space for your children under 5 years old and under or after your reservation is done, please e-mail us to ask for the free spot

Okay, so the website says the above about free children for the Dolphin Encounter. In reading the whole thing, I can't decide if that means I need to pay for my 5 yr old or is she free?

Okay, the Live Chat was not available earlier, but they finally emailed with the info I was looking for. Children that are age 5 are included in the free promo - you do, however, have to pay for their admission into Chankanaab ($8.00).

I'm so excited to do this - DD LOVES the dolphins at Sea World and this is the only thing she has actually said she wants to do on our trip.

The Chankanaab general admission is US $ 16.00 per adult and US $ 8.00 per child (under 12 years old). Also, if you go to cozumelparks.com, at the top right of the screen you can request a coupon - once printed, it's $2.00 off adult admissions and $1.00 off kids ages 3 - 11.

alright, what am I missing? The dolphin discovery website says "When you participate in the Dolphin Encounter interactive program in Cozumel Island, the admittance into the Chankanaab National Park is included."

We are thinking about this excursion when we cruise next July, but if we have to pay admission to Chankanaab plus the cost of the dolphin encounter, I'm thinking it may be too expensive.

That is the cost for general admission into Chankanaab. The Dolphin programs are completely separate fee's.

You are correct that your fee paid for the Dolphin program also includes general admission into Chankanaab. However for the Dolphin programs "free child" deal, you still have to pay for general admission into the park for the "free" child and anyone else who may be joining you as an observer.

Hope that clarifies it a little bit.

Archived