Children in separate cabin anymore?

finoky

Last year we booked the kids in separate cabins and didn't need to go through the whole getting extra keys and swapping around process. Does Carnival still allow this or has the policy changed?

I have had similar discussions with my PVP in the last few weeks, as we typically book 3 rooms with only 2 adults in our family. For a period of a few weeks, Carnival was requiring an adult of at least 25 years old to be booked in each cabin with children under the age of 21. However, they are again permitting children to be booked in adjoining cabins or cabins across the hallway when the parents are on board. I took the following quote from the Carnival cruise contract that is posted on their website today.....

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest's failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision

Well, I for one would appreciate Carnival sticking with a policy and not changing it day to day (it seems).

Last month, there were four kids (teenagers down to toddler!) in the cabin next to mine. The parents' cabin was on the deck ABOVE. (The dad told me that when I complained to him about the horrible noise until 2AM.) I'm sure they were sleeping soundly in their cabin while I was miserable.:mad:

How is it that parents can monitor 3 (or 2) cabins at the same time? I don't think that they can. I feel for the poor people who get stuck next to the "kids" cabin. Parents should monitor their own children or bring enough adults along to supervise all booked cabins. If parents don't want to monitor their children all day and ALL NIGHT, they should leave their children home.

We keep our kids in a cabin either next door or immediately across the hall and do monitor them constantly. Carnival makes us go through the charade of booking one adult and one child in each cabin and then switching once on board.:rolleyes:

We also booked one cabin outside and the other directly opposite on the inside. We booked thru a private TA and she said it was NO PROBLEM to book the kids in the inside cabin with us in the other. We even have our fun passes so I guess it depends on the day of the week with Carnival.

How is it that parents can monitor 3 (or 2) cabins at the same time? I don't think that they can. I feel for the poor people who get stuck next to the "kids" cabin. Parents should monitor their own children or bring enough adults along to supervise all booked cabins. If parents don't want to monitor their children all day and ALL NIGHT, they should leave their children home.

Monitoring "kids" cabins is not at all difficult when they are nearby. In addition, one of my "kids" in the cabin is 18 years old.....Not at all a "kid" by many definitions. He is legally an adult and old enough to go to college, vote, and fight for our country.......He has been brought up to be a responsible adult. Just remember, not all "kids" are ill-mannered. My younger children are well behaved too, probably because their responsible parents supervise them well and have high expectations. In spite of having their own cabin, they don't run wild at all hours, or at any time, for that matter. My husband and I actually know where they are when they are on the ship, and what they're doing when they're in their cabin.

I'm sorry, I should have explained my harsh comment posted earlier. We just returned from a cruise where a couple in our group were lucky enough to have a cabin next to the "PARTY CABIN" for a group of young adults. The party continued through 4-5am each morning. Our friends were unable to get a good nights sleep for the entire cruise. We had a full ship, so nothing could be done about their cabin placement. It is a shame to plan a cruise for a year and then to be too tired to enjoy it!

I am sure that all of the folks on this board are responsible parents raising well behaved children and young adults. It has been our pleasure to cruise with many well behaved young folks.

And to the original poster, I am sorry to have not answered your question. I image that Carnival will let you book a cabin for your children so that you do not have to go through the extra key process. That is the way it was on our cruise anyways!

PS...I, for one, have a "young adult" in college that I think has been well raised, but If we took her and three of her college friends on a cruise for a "fun" getaway.......do you want to be assigned the room on the other side of the "young adult" room?? Think about it? I understand that I have every right to do this and it would be within Carnival's guidelines. And even if it isn't, I can book myself in one room and my husband in the other and then we can exchange keys and sign and sail cards and then I can sneak into my husband's room at night, from where we will "monitor" the other cabin(s).... ok...this ps is getting too long....you get the picture (I hope)

Just returned from a cruise with 2 kids ages 12 and 16. We stayed in same room (2 overhead bunks). Next time I will get two rooms. I think it does depend on kids. Mine are couch potatoes!! They would like to lay around room and watch tv rather than run and be rambunctious! As a matter of fact, we had adults in room next to us that used language worse than "adult" comedian show. On second night at @2:00a.m. we had to call security because were afraid woman was being abused! They must have taken care of situation. We never heard anything for the rest of cruise.

Wicruiser, Thanks for the apology.... :)

As for being next to the cabin with "young adults," I can sympathize. Many of these groups are college kids cruising without their parents on the ship, and they'll do things that they wouldn't even try if their parents were on board. I feel this is an entirely different problem than booking children in their own cabin when the parents are on board and supervising them. We sailed on the Triumph over Spring Break this past March, and the numbers of college kids were staggering. Carnival, being known as the "Fun Ship," tends to draw lots of young partiers.....

With all of this in mind, DH and I, as well as another couple, are seriously considering sailing on Princess this coming March. I'm not sure it will be any better, but I think we're going to give it a try..... :D

Archived