weight restrictions for parasailing

keenie803

Hi

Can't say for sure, but on Royal Caribbean's Parasailing excursion, it is a "maximum combined weight of 375lbs". So I assume that the parasailing that you are looking at will be the same.

Boo

I wanted to do the parasail as well and it is the combined weight. If you google parasailing in Caymen there is a company who runs tours off of 7 mile beach who has a limit of 450 and is 50 bucks less. ( am I allowed to say this on here?)

Check it out, this is the one me and my friend are going to do. What ship are you on? We are on the Carnival Valor in Sept

Renee

My wife may kill me but here goes:

This was my question for my 1st cruise to when we wanted to do this in Cococay, me at the time 240 so that would mean my wife would have to be no more than 135 and she was not. There was no problem then never questioned or weighed us and we had a ball in fact my pic in my name is from the sail..you will have fun and don't worry

• 2 weeks later...

I think it has to do with wind conditions also. We parasailed in Cozumel last year and DH and I were 50 -75 lbs. under the limit and they wouldn't let us go together. They paired me up with another lady and had our DHs sail by themselves. Conditions were pretty windy that day. Several years before that we parasailed in Hawaii and went up together.

• 2 weeks later...

It may or may not be an over-cautious safety/insurance measure...

...basically if the pair of you are other the combined weight limit - but you have signed something to say that you are under and except the terms of the waiver - then if anything DOES go wrong... :(

I would guess that there is some margin for error as far as safety goes, but personally I wouldn't want to risk it: as another poster has said, it varies depending on wind conditions etc. Rather safe than splat.

Boo

Archived