1st Cruise Do's and Don'ts?

fmira001

If you aren't doing the Express Disembarkation, they'll ask you to leave your luggage outside your door before you go to bed on the last night, to pick up on the pier after you leave the ship in the morning.

Be sure to hold clothing out for you to wear on that last morning. If you don't, the ship can't help you, except maybe offer you a Sports Afloat T-shirt. They can't open the stores, either.

Why do I know? Guess.:D

Yikes, and I thought I had it bad when DH packed my shoes the last night. Fortunately it was on the Jewel and Ruth came to the rescue with a pair of bed slippers.

Not sure if your story would be PG rated.:eek:;):D

Yikes' date=' and I thought I had it bad when DH packed my shoes the last night. Fortunately it was on the Jewel and Ruth came to the rescue with a pair of bed slippers.

Not sure if your story would be PG rated.:eek:;):D[/quote']But the story is a good one I bet, like the time my DD was at a hotel, stuck her nude body out the door to grab the newspaper, foot slipped, door slammed, husband was downstairs eating breakfast, she was standing in the hallway..

Nita

Toyz711,

The over the door organization I've purchased must have 30 compartments. I used it for almost everything; cameras, camcorders, ipods, suntan lotion, etc, etc.

Ironically, my wife is now using it at home behind the coat door. I now need to purchase a second one-lol

Too funny! We've done the same thing too! Our shoe organizer is invaluable on a cruise b/c it each kids has two rows where they can put their undies, swimwear, DD's hair accessories, sunglasses, etc.

And--now each child has one on their closet door--for holding the exact same things: undies, swimwear, socks, etc...

My tip for the OP--DO get off at each port. Don't be a "stay on ship" person. And DO try lots of fun, new things to eat in ALL the restaurants.

CeleBrat

But the story is a good one I bet, like the time my DD was at a hotel, stuck her nude body out the door to grab the newspaper, foot slipped, door slammed, husband was downstairs eating breakfast, she was standing in the hallway..

Nita

HAHAHAHA!!! Just like the time DH and I awoke in the middle of the night to fire alarm in the atrium style hotel we were at. So, we peeked outside--to have door shut behind us. He in his boxers, me in my skimpy nightie. To make matters worse, we started to go downstairs via the emergency stairs in hopes of getting another key. Atrium doors also lock behind you. So--there we were, with MANY OTHER SCANTILY DRESSED couples, standing with key in hand waiting for alarm to stop to we could take elevator upstairs again. It is funny to us...now.:eek:

CeleBrat

Remember this is YOUR vacation. Don't let anyone ruin it for you.. not the cruise staff.. negative passangers, an excursion gone bad, bad weather, etc. Just roll with the flow. Cruises are an imperfect creature and something will always go wrong.. but it's your vacation.. so just roll with it..

As a couple of people have already suggested , read your Freestyle Daily several times over and then pick and choose what you want to do for that day. There is NO WAY you can do all there is to do.

This kind of goes with my first one.. but.. AVOID negative people at all cost. You can tell you are sitting next to one when all they do is complain about this or complain about that. Usually you can look at their face and tell by how pinched or angry it always looks. These people live in their own level of hell and will try to drag you down to that level. Just get up and walk away. These are also the same people who will knock anyone down to make sure they make it first in line.

I really hope you have a great cruise. There have been a lot of good suggestions so far on your thread. You already are 100% in the right direction to having a great cruise by being open minded enough to post a question. Stay open minded.

Archived