Where to stay in Anchorage

Sumy

I'm looking for a place to stay in Anchorage and have read numerous B&B/Hotel reviews..scared and in some cases a bit confused...any suggestions????

If its that scary why not go into Priceline and make a $100 bid for a three star hotel. Its possible you might get a nice place to stay. Remember Anchourage during the summer is tourist season. Its not cheap by any means. Tim

We just got back and stayed a night after our cruise in Anchorage. I used HotWire and got a $300+ a night hotel for under $200 (total, with tax). They had a airport shuttle and were close to the airport.

I don't want to say the name of the hotel... but the ship we were on had a very, very similar name ;)

We just got back and stayed a night after our cruise in Anchorage. I used HotWire and got a $300+ a night hotel for under $200 (total, with tax). They had a airport shuttle and were close to the airport.

I don't want to say the name of the hotel... but the ship we were on had a very, very similar name ;)

:D thanks

THe G Street B&B is quite nice. It is an older home in an older downtown neighborhood. We stayed there last month. It is walking distance to the restaurants and shops that are in Downtown Anchorage. The rooms are small, but very clean. The woman that runs the B&B this summer is extremely personalable and welcoming. We had a great stay there. The price was very reasonable too.

Very Clever!!:D

I can tell you where not to go. We spent 3 nights (2before and 1 after) at Inlet Tower Hotel. It is very run down and the supposed shuttle is only for China Air personal. There were no other hotel rooms to move to. All were filled when we were there 6-17,18,24. It is also about 10 blocks from town. We had to walk everytime because shuttle was always busy. Even busy for our transport from airport, train station, and transfer to ship area. Spoke to some folks who waited until 8PM for their room. When they got key the room had not been cleaned. Waited another 2 hr and when they finally got go ahead the sheets had not been changed. They moved to outskirts of town to stay.

Mrsosci

When we were in Anchorage a few years ago we stayed Here

I highly recommend it, and yes, I know it's not the cheapest place around, but it delivers. And I was starting out on the holiday of a lifetime, so wanted every moment to be special.

Hope your stay, wherever you end up, is as enjoyable though!

Tim

Archived