documents/cape liberty questions

i am heading to bermuda on 8/9 on EOS - when do u think i will receive my documents.

also about arriving at cape liberty - some say to arrive around 11:00 and hopefully on ship by noon - don't want to get there too early and was wondering if arriving at that time is good. i hear u drop off your luggage at one spot, park your car and then head to terminal - does the line move fast when dropping off luggage? i saw pictures on another thread on dropping off luggage - it seems like u pull up, drop off and move on - is this correct

now all i can do is pray for nice weather and no hurricanes

Hey Lefty,

It's Danielle!

I haven't been around too much, we met on the M& M. We have not rec'd our docs yet either. Are you getting e-docs or through the mail?

My guess is since tomorrow is a month away from departure we'll be getting them soon. Probably within the next week.

We live about 20 minutes from port so we are leaving our house between 9:30 and 10. I would recommend getting there between 10 and 11. Last year we arrived around 10:15. I believe they opened the check in line between quarter of and 11. What we did was let all but one of the party out of the car by the large entrance tent. They help you with all the bags you are going to check and wisk them away right there. Then whoever is driving your car can go park the vehicle and you meet up and go inside. You go through security first and then you go into a waiting room or if the line is already open, through the check-in line. Once you're checked in you have your seapass picture taken and then you wait for your bus number to be called. (You get that number when checking in). Once called you board a bus that takes you about the 1/2 mile from the terminal to the ship. That takes maybe 5 minutes. Then you board the ship, go up to windjammer for lunch and you're on vacation! Its so wonderful. I would say we were on the ship by 12:30. And I know our room was ready for us right away and our luggage was already at the door. I would recommend going early just for that reason. The sooner you go the sooner your luggage is there for you.

Can't wait to see you there!

yes i remember when we first wrote on m&m - now its almost here. we are coming in two cars from ny - so i probably will leave my house around 10:00 and should arrive at terminal by 10:45 -- i have 3 cabins as i am with my 2 sisters - one sister has been on cruise and the other has not -- she is so looking forward to this - hopefully no "bertha" hurricanes will get in our way in august.

i hear the room is usually ready by 1:00 so thats a good thing.

now i have the early dinner seating and i know we set sail at 5:00 - will i have time to enjoy the sail (especially going under the verrazano bridge) before dinner?

also, i hear u board the ship on deck 2 -- is deck 2 all the way to the other end of ship - reason i am asking is i am on deck 8 forward and was wondering if there are elevators forward that i can get on (i hope i am making sense of this).

Archived