Valor - 6/29/08 Fun Trip

BettyPC

Thanks for the review! My sister and I are sailing on the Valor in Nov. 09. A long, long time for us to wait but reviews like yours helps alot! I just have a couple of questions.

How much was the Limo from Fll to Miami? How did you book them?

How early did you get to the Port of Miami to be in Zone 2 boarding?

Coffee came on time once again! We arrived in St. thomas about 9:00 and the Freedom of the Seas was there before us. We backed in - I can't back my car up - and here this ship is backing up & not destroying everything! Good work Captain!.

DH & i finally decided to book the St. John Champagne Catarmaran tour. We met at 1:00 and were driven over to the marina. The ride reminded me of going through the NC mountains - but while driving on the wrong side of the road:o Nice boat - I sat in the shade -I was a bit apprehensive as i am known to get 'seasick" - but I had my patch - I thought I would be ok - - but NO - I felt horrible and was feeling worse & worse..... I was afraid the worse would happen - when I remembered that I had brought Ginger Gum with me.

It was a miracle - I chewed it - about 20 times & the nausea went away.

We got to a secluded place for snorkeling & I got on the dinghy & went to the beach & Laid there -wished I could have taken a bus back to St. Thomas - but we had to get back on catamaran & go back by water. The capt & his helpers had champagne, painkillers, beer, soda, snacks. I watched while everyone enjoyed themselves.

I know now - never to go on a small boat again. We made it back around 6:20 - so we went up to the Lido deck and had dinner. I went to the 'oriental" window & had chicken lettuce wraps & a wonton thingey in a plastic cup and in the cup there was a chinese slaw & it was also wonderful. WCMC was a dessert - so I topped it with some vanilla soft serve! Guess where I went next -yup bed. I had had enough for one day!

Can you tell me about how much the Champagne Catamaran trip was? I am thinking about booking this for our cruise in Jan.

Glad you had a great cruise!!!

I bought the Ginger gum in Rite Aid (drug store) here in Raleigh. I also had Bonine - which I took when I flew- I feel Bonine works very well also when cruising - I took it the saturday before returning since I ran out of the "patch" that the Dr. prescribes (sp). I also bought an accumpressure type bracelet (wanted all my ducks in a row:D ) I did not feel that it did me any good.

Thanks Betty. We have Rite Aid stores here so I'll be sure to tell her about it. I think she will be fine on the cruise but the smaller boat we have for an excursion might be a problem for her.

Thanks for the great thread Betty... excellent reviews!! My DH and I sailed on the Valor last October.... our first ever cruise.....

We've become addicted, and we'll be back on the Valor on September 14th,for our 4th cruise.. before we go on the Destiny on the 21st !! :) (Why do a 10 hour drive to Miami just for 1 week!!)

The lovely people on this forum have really got me so excited about our next trips!!!

I know you have only gotten to Wed. so far but I assume :o that the menus will be the same for Eastern and Western. And thinking they won't be changing them for the rest of this season, what night would YOU choose to go to Scarlett's? Tuesday sounds like a winner, so far.

Having sailed the Valor twice, Tuesday is the best night to go to Scarlett's. Also, the menus are the same on eastern and western except on Thursday and Friday since the second "formal" night on eastern is Friday, and the second "formal" night on the western route is Thursday. They simply switch the menus these two nights.

Thanks for the review! My sister and I are sailing on the Valor in Nov. 09. A long, long time for us to wait but reviews like yours helps alot! I just have a couple of questions.

How much was the Limo from Fll to Miami? How did you book them?

How early did you get to the Port of Miami to be in Zone 2 boarding?

I'm glad you found the review helpful! I googled Limo's in Fort Lauderdale & then I sent on the Cruise Critc Eastern (Florida) departures & found LeBlanc mentioned. They were right where they said they would be - it was $99. from FLL to the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We could have gotten on a shuttle for less & stopped at hotels around Miami - we wanted a direct trip. I called & talked w/LeBlanc - they gave me a price quote - - as did several other Limo companies.

I believe we were at the Port Of Miami a bit prior to 11:00 a.m. Probably around 10:45. Have a great trip!

Can you tell me about how much the Champagne Catamaran trip was? I am thinking about booking this for our cruise in Jan.

Glad you had a great cruise!!!

The St. John's Champagne Catarmaran was $103. for each of us. They had plenty of drinks/snacks after the snorkel - on the trip home. I am glad we booked throught the cruise line (unless you can do an early morning trip) since the traffic coming back at 5:00 was VERY heavy & there were only 2 ships (valor & FOS - RCI) in port.

Thanks for the great thread Betty... excellent reviews!! My DH and I sailed on the Valor last October.... our first ever cruise.....

We've become addicted, and we'll be back on the Valor on September 14th,for our 4th cruise.. before we go on the Destiny on the 21st !! :) (Why do a 10 hour drive to Miami just for 1 week!!)

The lovely people on this forum have really got me so excited about our next trips!!!

I am glad you enjoyed it - -I had a great time keeping track of stuff that I would have forgotten already if I had not jotted it down. I love reading reviews on here. I don't care what ship, where they are going - - I relish the excitement and the details!!

I will look forward to reading your reviews in the future. I like the idea of the PRIDE sailing out of Baltimore - 5 hour drive - waaaaay easier!!!

Great review, thank you. We will be on the Valor Nov. 8, 2009 for a Saute to Veterans cruise out of Miami. We are really looking forward to it. Come join us if you wish:D

Thanks Nam - I appreciate the nice words. I think the next time i am interested in Baltimore & the PRIDE. We all like the idea of a relatively quick drive up 95... Enjoy your Nov. cruise & I hope to read your review at that time!

You are very welcome Rebel. We live close to W.F. - 2 miles south of Wakefield H.S.

Like I mentioned - the Ginger gum was a miracle cure for me! Enjoy.

Betty

.......and we live just off of Ligon Mill Rd...........we're almost neighbors........

Archived