Jet Blue

logbook

I thought I was the only one looking at jetblue.com hoping they release their days!

I need to book a flight in February and they have been stuck in January for months now!

I even call Jetblue once a week to find out if they know, and they say "oh we don't know, it just happens, but it should happen at the end of June" <~~That is what they said back in May!!!

Well, I guess I'm not the only one waiting! I'm so sick of checking their website several times a day! Our cruise depends on their rates, so I am really anxious to get this over with!

I don't know the answer but I do know if you book a flight on Jet Blue and the price drops they will honor the lower price. You won't get your money back but will get a credit to use within a year. I know it sound crazy that they would drop prices these days but as they get closer to departure they want to fill up the plane. I booked a flight from CA to Boston in January and the price has gone down 3 times in the past 2 months. I ended up with a $98 credit which I used to book my return flight. Another tip: don't be afraid to book one way flights on different airlines to get the best price.

I don't know the answer but I do know if you book a flight on Jet Blue and the price drops they will honor the lower price. You won't get your money back but will get a credit to use within a year. I know it sound crazy that they would drop prices these days but as they get closer to departure they want to fill up the plane. I booked a flight from CA to Boston in January and the price has gone down 3 times in the past 2 months. I ended up with a $98 credit which I used to book my return flight. Another tip: don't be afraid to book one way flights on different airlines to get the best price.

We usually do end up using two different airlines when we go. Earlier this year we had a non stop on Jet Blue and that was great, but had to use Air Tran on the way home with a layover. I didn't realize that Jet Blue will give you a credit if the price changes. I'll keep that in mind.... if they ever release more dates! Thanks.

I watch everyday for March flights. I hope they come out soon. I'm really interested in what the rates will be. I'll be flying out of Buffalo for the first time.:) :)

The non stop flight from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale in the morning is great. You get down there and still have a good portion of the day to enjoy. If you happen to be going to Florida......

I watch everyday for March flights. I hope they come out soon. I'm really interested in what the rates will be. I'll be flying out of Buffalo for the first time.:) :)

Flying out of Buffalo is awesome and so easy. Very small airport, lots of hotel options and close to Walden Galleria...can't get any better then that:D . We only ever fly out of Buffalo now.

Kim

I cannot believe how expensive the flights to orlando are now!!! Jetblue is my last hope! I am flying out to Orlando this October and the flight cost be $150 r/t per person. Now for february, all these airlines want $250 per person!!! Please be slightly cheaper Jetblue!

...and I got the same run around bull {bleep} I got on the phone!

I wrote to them:

Hope all is well. I was wondering if you can tell me when your February 2009 flights will become available. I have been checking your site periodically since May and have not seen an update. Can you please advise? Thank you and have a nice day.

This is the crap they write back:

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your email requesting information regarding the date our extended JetBlue flight schedule will be published. We recognize that you are anxious to make your future travel plans, and regret any inconvenience the wait may be causing.

Because we're busy adding new flights, new aircraft and new cities, we've been keeping our schedules short term. We are trying to spare our customers the inconvenience of having the schedules change after they have already purchased their tickets.

As our Marketing and Scheduling Departments work together to coordinate this growth, our schedule date is extended and becomes available for purchase. We are not advised ahead of time a specific

release date for the new flight schedule. We encourage you to stay tuned to jetblue.com for the announcement; when the dates you are looking for are released, you may book immediately online, or call us at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and one of our Reservation crewmembers will be happy to assist you.

We thank you again for contacting JetBlue and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you onboard

soon!

I have worked in retail my whole life. I know that certain information is given prior to it being released. At least Delta and American tell you the day that flights to certain places will be released. They give you a ball park range, like within a week or so, but nothing like this!

I guess we just have to sit here and wait!

I agree. They could at least put on the website when the dates will change. Southwest does that. Sounds like we may have quite a wait before we get February/March flights. I guess we are just too anxious to finalize our cruise plans! Thanks for sharing the information you received!

I went through this with Jet Blue when trying to book my flight to Orlando in October. I could get the outgoing flight no problem, but since I was returning first weekend in November, I couldn't book the return flight.

It was frustrating.

They finally did open up November - January on the same day. They first opened it up to True Blue members and then the next day it was open to the public. Looking at my confirmation email that was April 26th when it opened for November. So any day now they should open up for Feb - April, probably towards the end of the month.

• 2 weeks later...

I got sick of waiting for them and booked with AirTran!! I hope I don't regret it, but it's done and over with and we are all set. I've always like flying with Jet Blue. No problems - guess it's nice that you have your own tv on the flights.

This morning's LATimes carried an item that JetBlue has taken quite a number of planes out of its fleet due to fuel costs, and is deleting service to about 8 major cities. That may explain the lapse in posting schedules into the Spring.

I am about to book a Delta flight out of Stewart Airport now instead of waiting for Jetblue. This is getting me upset. I noticed that the average flight from NY to Orlando for the time I want is $270 p/p/r/t. If I leave from Stewart, it is $150 p/p/r/t, which is really good. I was looking at a hotel (we would have to go a day early) and a car rental and it is an extra $150 for both of them. It basically comes out cheaper for me to fly from upstate one day early than to fly from NY on the day of our cruise.

Looks like we're all in the same boat waiting for JetBlue. lol

We're going to fly out of Portland, Maine (Bangor if the prices go down). Right now, depending on dates, JetBlue could be cheaper or Delta could be cheaper. I think AirTran was higher than both of them on any of the dates I plugged in.

We're looking at between $500-650 US return for two with taxes. It's worth the 5-6 hr drive, possibly through snow, because out of Moncton on WestJet or Air Canada we'd be paying $700+ each. That's just plain ugly.

I used to live in Hamilton, ON and flew out of Buffalo 4-5 times using JetBlue and AirTran for trips to NYC, Atlanta, and Orlando and loved, loved, loved them!!! Much cheaper than flying out of Toronto and a straight shot on the highway without too much traffic, even at the border.

You probably would be better off going the day before anyway! With the way the airlines are, you never know what might happen if you fly in the same day as your cruise. Get down and there relax and enjoy the extra time.

I've flown Jet Blue around half a dozen times and have mostly enjoyed the experience. Being 6 foot 5 I enjoy the extra leg room that JB affords me. The TV's are an extra bonus as far as I am concerned.

To give an idea about when they open bookings up, I've used them three times in the last year. Once was a last minute type booking, maybe a month before the trip. The other two were ones where I was waiting for the flights opened up. We cruised in December of 07. The flights for that trip opened in Mid-May. So there was about 7 months in advance. The other trip was at the end of March of this year. We booked that flight in mid November. I believe the JB flights for that trip were available for a month or two before we booked. For Feb/March dates you're probably looking at those becoming available mid to late August.

The airline stuff is insane! I booked with Spirit out of Long Island to FLL coz the price was so good. Got 2 RT tickets for $358 total including luggage fees! Yesterday I got an email that we are now leaving out of Laguardia in NY City instead. That's a half hour closer to us, but it's gonna cost around $140 to park there!!!! That's why we didn't book out of there in the first place!

We're all at the mercy of these changes I guess.....................:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I am currently considering JetBlue for our flight to Ft Lauderdale in December, so I was just wondering how you all like JetBlue overall. We have never flown with them.

I love JetBlue, it's the very first place I check for tickets and it's definitely my preference...I (and my son) enjoy having the Directv, it helps keep us both occupied.

Archived