Jet Blue

logbook

Hello all! I just recieved an email from Jetblue saying that they will post their flight schedule for up to April 30th on Friday September 5th!!!

Sweet! Thanks for the update! I've been checking their website everyday and thought I had signed up for email updates. I guess not. lol

I will be buying our tickets before I head for work on Friday... I just hope that they have fares as low as what they're showing in January. I'll be a very happy camper.

Hi monty's mom.Did you look into air through Carnival.We are going on April 11th on the freedom out of Ft lauderdale.We are flying from Moncton.The price we got was $633 US taxes included per person, and they fly us out the day before and put us up in a hotel in Ft lauderdale.:)

Hi monty's mom.Did you look into air through Carnival.We are going on April 11th on the freedom out of Ft lauderdale.We are flying from Moncton.The price we got was $633 US taxes included per person, and they fly us out the day before and put us up in a hotel in Ft lauderdale.:)

I didn't check on airfare through Carnival but doing my own checks with Air Canada, Continental and WestJet for the week we're going (March Break outside of NB), it was around $1600-2000 for two people. I can't see Carnival getting it much cheaper than that. :eek:

We can drive to Portland in six hours and pay $600-700 for two people on Jet Blue or Delta so that's what I'm likely doing. Our hotel and transfers in Fort Lauderdale will likely be less than $200.00 more because my company has a hotel in the area.

Either way, Maine works out alot cheaper than Moncton but I might give my PVP a call today just to double check. Thanks!

I didn't check on airfare through Carnival but doing my own checks with Air Canada' date=' Continental and WestJet for the week we're going (March Break outside of NB), it was around $1600-2000 for two people. I can't see Carnival getting it much cheaper than that. :eek:

We can drive to Portland in six hours and pay $600-700 for two people on Jet Blue or Delta so that's what I'm likely doing. Our hotel and transfers in Fort Lauderdale will likely be less than $200.00 more because my company has a hotel in the area.

Either way, Maine works out alot cheaper than Moncton but I might give my PVP a call today just to double check. Thanks![/quote']

That does sound like a great price for two.:eek: Have a great cruise.

That does sound like a great price for two.:eek: Have a great cruise.

We will! It's our first cruise so I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm helping my mum plan an Alaskan cruise next summer for her and my dad and the airfare is obscene out of Moncton. Bangor-Seattle return plus a one way flight from Seattle-Fairbanks is still well over $1000 cheaper than just Moncton-Vancouver return without evening factoring in the flight to Alaska. :eek:

Other than short domestic travel, I don't know how the Canadian airlines stay in business with the prices they charge!!!

We will! It's our first cruise so I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm helping my mum plan an Alaskan cruise next summer for her and my dad and the airfare is obscene out of Moncton. Bangor-Seattle return plus a one way flight from Seattle-Fairbanks is still well over $1000 cheaper than just Moncton-Vancouver return without evening factoring in the flight to Alaska. :eek:

Other than short domestic travel' date=' I don't know how the Canadian airlines stay in business with the prices they charge!!![/quote']

I know what you mean.It cost us more for air than it does for the trip.We took a cruise this past April out of cape liberty New York but had enough air miles to fly there and back.:) So we don't have enough air miles for this one:( .I wish a cruise line would set up a departure closer to home,like St.John or Halifex. That would be great.I've only been on two other cruises in the past but they are the greatest vacations.I'm sure you will have a great time.

Sweet! Thanks for the update! I've been checking their website everyday and thought I had signed up for email updates. I guess not. lol

I will be buying our tickets before I head for work on Friday... I just hope that they have fares as low as what they're showing in January. I'll be a very happy camper.

Just hope your flights don't get changed...................

We booked with JetBlue back in April. There are 11 of us leaving out of Portland, Maine in November. Luckily we planned to get to Florida a day early because they have changed our departing flight, and connecting one at JFK. We were all set to leave at 11:30 and get to Fort lauderdale at 5:00 pm, now we leave Maine at 2:10 and don't land at FLL until 7:30!

I'm not a frequent flyer, I've flown only once and that was 15 years ago for our first cruise. I'm glad we still have a flight, and wish I had some sort of guarantee that the flights won't change again.

For those that have been stressing over Jet Blue's flights opening there are 2 things you can do in the future to make it easier on yourself :) First sign up on Jet Blue's website for their emails that include promotions etc. They sent out an email yesterday to all those on their mailing list with the information as to when the flights would be opening up. I can't believe their CS doesn't know since Jet Blue knows exactly when they will open. I've called in the past and was given an exact date and it was the right date. :confused:

Next there is a thread over on the Cruise Air part of these boards that has been discussing this topic. There's alot of helpful information over there and here's the link to that board in case you didn't know it was there http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128.

Keep watching flight schedules and prices on all the airlines they seem to change several times a day. You may hit it just right and find something that works for you :) Good Luck!!

Just hope your flights don't get changed...................

We booked with JetBlue back in April. There are 11 of us leaving out of Portland, Maine in November. Luckily we planned to get to Florida a day early because they have changed our departing flight, and connecting one at JFK. We were all set to leave at 11:30 and get to Fort lauderdale at 5:00 pm, now we leave Maine at 2:10 and don't land at FLL until 7:30!

I'm not a frequent flyer, I've flown only once and that was 15 years ago for our first cruise. I'm glad we still have a flight, and wish I had some sort of guarantee that the flights won't change again.

Yes, we're planning to fly in the day before and may choose to fly back the day after depending on how cheap the flights are because I'd love to spend another night at my company's resort. That's what a few colleagues have done lately who went on cruises out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

I've flown alot out of Bangor a number of times on Delta and more often than not have had the flight times change so nothing will surprise me with JetBlue. As long as we get there, I don't care how late it is. :D But, just in case, I'll be getting trip insurance that includes coverage due to weather delays, etc.

This will be the first time my BF is flying in over 10 years so he'll have to learn very quickly that my philosophy is to hang loose and not sweat the small stuff or he won't be coming next time! :p

I live close to Bangor, ME and wouldn't plan on flights to Florida being cheap, especially on the weekends. The 5-6 hour drive from Moncton to Bangor is quite a haul. We typically fly out of Portland but even weekend flights to FLL, Miami, TPA, etc., are high during March. We are looking at 4-day cruises so that we can do a pre-post and fly Tues-Tues for example.

Even flying out of BOS (4-hour drive) on the weekends during March is still high $350-$400 per person.

Will be interesting to see what Jet Blue has for prices during the winter months on the weekends.

I am paying $ 164 pp on Jet Blue on Jan 3rd (could have gone cheaper but I wanted the direct flight to be sure my luggage was on the same plane as DH and I. Also, I couldn't see the point of getting up at 4 am (6 am flight)

and driving on possibly snowy, icy rioads when I can just as easily wait until later in the morning when the roads are in better condition.

On our return - got tired of waiting for Jet Blue to post their schedule so went with Air Tran for $ 93 pp. (orignial fare was $ 119 pp but the fares were lowered, so now I have a future flight credit).

We have flown both Jet Blue and Air Tran and enjoy them equally. Great

companies. We are taking a cruise out of Pt. Canaveral with RCCL for a month and wanted to make sure my luggage made it, too. We also fly down the day before - traveling in winter - why risk missing the ship !!

Wow! We will probably cancel our Feb vacation cruise, with flights that high! We held out for jet blue also. What a difference a year makes, as last year basically the same flight was a little over $300 each. There are four in our family, so $618 is a budget killer..............well at least we have till December to cancel cruise..............

We were planning to fly with JetBlue post-cruise in May to get from San Juan to LA. Thought their fares were very competitive particularly with the extra leg room they have on the their planes.

However, looking at the new schedule and prices over the weekend I couldn't believe what I was seeing ... $649 for SJU/BOS/LGB on Sun 26 April. Decided on the spot that I wasn't prepared to wait and see what the May schedule might bring, and have now booked with Continental (SJU/HOU/LAX) for just over $200 each.

Cheers

Bob

Wow! We will probably cancel our Feb vacation cruise, with flights that high! We held out for jet blue also. What a difference a year makes, as last year basically the same flight was a little over $300 each. There are four in our family, so $618 is a budget killer..............well at least we have till December to cancel cruise..............

That was for 2! Sorry about the confusion

Thanks for the clarification barbara brad, but we have checked jetblue....Boston to Fort Laud is $689.50!!! and that is for ONE PASSENGER! (sorry for yelling) We plugged in friday, feb 13 anytime and return after noon on the 21st. We are losing hope!!

I checked on Jetblue.com and wanted from either LGA or JFK to MCO from Wednesday February 4th to Sunday February 8th and they wanted $225 p/p/r/t! It was more than airtran was asking for. My sister lives upstate about 20 minutes from Stewart airport and when I checked the flights from there, it was only $79 each way p/p. I decided to leave from there instead but we will be leaving from Thursday to Monday now. Instead of staying one day before the cruise we will be flying in the same day and staying one day after.

I truly think that sometimes it is a coastal thing. i know that when we want to fly from SFO or OAK to Vancouver, B.C. it is always a lot more. Maybe the east coast is the same way. I now got Jet Blue for next April from OAK to FLL with one stop in Long Beach for $330.00pp and was happy with that. And that is across the U.S. Now to claify Jet Blue does not fly into Vancouver but the other airlines do such as United, Alaska, etc. and sometimes the prices are wait out of sight.

Marilyn

We booked a one way Long Beach to FLL on Jet Blue - nonstop-redeye in May for a Jan 2009 flight for $99 pp....great deal and gets us in at 530a...plenty of time to catch our ship by 500p....BUT just got an email yesterday that they changed our flight - leaves at the same time, but now stops in DC for 5 hours then onto FLL arriving at 1030a. Still time to make the ship, but now we have to sit in the DC airport for 5 hours and worry about 'snow' delays.....

These flights w/ layovers were available when we booked and we didn't pick them for a reason - now we are forced to take them :mad: .

So don't think you are safe just because you book early and pay in full - obviously they can change you at their will....

Thanks for the clarification barbara brad, but we have checked jetblue....Boston to Fort Laud is $689.50!!! and that is for ONE PASSENGER! (sorry for yelling) We plugged in friday, feb 13 anytime and return after noon on the 21st. We are losing hope!!

That is the start of school vacation week. All the rates are high from Boston:(

Have you considered flying down on the 11th or 12th and coming back on the 22nd? It may be cheaper even with hotel costs. Or alternative airports?

We are actually going down on the 11th and returning on the 22nd because it was much cheaper when we booked our airfare. We figured we will spend about the same overall, but much less on the airfare and get a longer vacation....

Good luck!

We booked a one way Long Beach to FLL on Jet Blue - nonstop-redeye in May for a Jan 2009 flight for $99 pp....great deal and gets us in at 530a...plenty of time to catch our ship by 500p....BUT just got an email yesterday that they changed our flight - leaves at the same time, but now stops in DC for 5 hours then onto FLL arriving at 1030a. Still time to make the ship, but now we have to sit in the DC airport for 5 hours and worry about 'snow' delays.....

These flights w/ layovers were available when we booked and we didn't pick them for a reason - now we are forced to take them :mad: .

So don't think you are safe just because you book early and pay in full - obviously they can change you at their will....

You might want to see if they are offering any direct flights to FLL at a different time. When I booked my flight to MCO via Airtran, it was a non-stop. I got an email from airtran saying that the flight was changed and was now a one-stop. I called them and they said they would change my flight up to one day before or after at no charge due to the "inconvenience." All their flights were one stop and since there was no cruise for that trip, I kept the flight. I bet Jetblue might be able to do that for you.

Hi Jrabbit - I did give Jet Blue a call today. They said due to $$, they eliiminated the nonstop on their lowest service days, which unfortunately was my day....so they have the same nonstop on the day prior, but wouldn't pick up the hotel expense even though they made the change.

They were very friendly and tried to accomodate me on the phone - but if the plane doesn't go there on that day now, kind of hard to get us on it:confused:

Not sure yet what we will do - trying to decide to chance it with the layover in DC and hoping for good weather or cancelling and paying lots more $$$ for another flight....but can't find any other airlines doing nonstops...

If this is the worst 'blip' in our plans for this 107 day cruise - we are in good shape. Thanks for the tips.

Hi Jrabbit - I did give Jet Blue a call today. They said due to $$, they eliiminated the nonstop on their lowest service days, which unfortunately was my day....so they have the same nonstop on the day prior, but wouldn't pick up the hotel expense even though they made the change.

They were very friendly and tried to accomodate me on the phone - but if the plane doesn't go there on that day now, kind of hard to get us on it:confused:

Not sure yet what we will do - trying to decide to chance it with the layover in DC and hoping for good weather or cancelling and paying lots more $$$ for another flight....but can't find any other airlines doing nonstops...

If this is the worst 'blip' in our plans for this 107 day cruise - we are in good shape. Thanks for the tips.

Glad to hear that JetBlue continues to attempt to be helpful in finding options for passengers when the airline changes or cancels flights originally booked. I've always found them to be very pleasant and helpful. If it were up to me, there would be no question that I would fly in the day before on the non-stop flight and spent the night at a hotel. Yes, it will cost you more for the hotel but worth a hundred times the cost to be flying in the day before and possibly avoid weather or mechanical delays the day of the cruise. Especially a wonderful 107 day cruise:)

Archived