dream docking

dsmini

... if there is any possibility of bad weather during her visit, the Dream does not go through Town Cut to Pennos Wharf in St Georges, but ties up at no. 6 dock on Front Street in Hamilton - she has done this at least three times so far this season.

... if there is any possibility of bad weather during her visit, the Dream does not go through Town Cut to Pennos Wharf in St Georges, but ties up at no. 6 dock on Front Street in Hamilton - she has done this at least three times so far this season.

Has the Majesty also docked in Hamilton during bad weather?

When she docks in St George is she facing the Majesty or is the back of the ship to her. I booked our room thinking she faced the same way as the Majesty so we would have a view of the town when docked. Any one have any info.

Thanks,

Doe

... is smaller than the Dream and will go through Town Cut unless the weather is going to be really rough.

The Dream seems to mostly dock facing west but does sometimes dock facing east towards the Majesty - there does not seem to be any logic to it.

I think the reason they vary the direction they dock is so they can test the life boats on a differnet side. They lower the ones on the ocean side so need to turn it around every once in a while. For a while they did it every other week.

Afterl looking at the bridge camview on a recent sailing, I booked a starboard side cabin thinking that would give me a shore view in St. Georges-- so, if we are in St. Georges I guess I'll just have a 50% chance -- and if we wind up in Hamilton, we'll be looking overthe cargo containers. As long as it isn't Halifax -

very very true. you are one of the few people goin on the 17th...can't come soon enough...:)

I am surprised at how few posters there have been for the August 17 sailing -- will we have the ship to ourselves? -- unlikely, actually, since fares for the cabin immeditely next to mine (CC) are now more than $800 above what we paid when booking about a month ago --- hardly the sign of an empty ship.

My TA called and ours are in also, I haven't had a chance to go get them yet, Had plans for Sat and work till five.... I will wait till this Sat and I will be that much closer to the day... Getting more and more excited?

Archived