Legend 7A Upgrade Question

irky416

We just got upgraded from an inside guarantee to a 7A on our Legend trip next week! Does anyone have a picture of the obstructed view balconies? We're in room 5177 on the Upper deck. I wasn't expecting an upgrade and to get a balcony is awesome. Just wanted to see what we were in for. Thanks!

Congrats on the awesome upgrade! :)

The balcony and cabin are the same as all the other regular balcony cabins, the only difference is that the lifeboats will be blocking your view directly down. You will be able to see out to the horizon and enjoy all the benefits of a balcony.

Here is a shot we took off our 7A balcony on the Legend. It isn't a great picture, but it will give you an idea of just what you view will be like.

2118485871_legendobstructedview.jpg.6d6af5911dcbad9180f82de0a8767b78.jpg

Thanks for the picture. So, basically, the balcony isn't obstructed, just the view, right? We'll still be able to go outside and have the same space as the unobstructed ones.

Exactly.

You can go out, sit on a lounge chair or lean against the railing and look out to sea. The only thing you can't do is look directly down at the water.

Going from an inside to a balcony is a great upgrade!

Sorry this story makes me feel like a sadsack right now. I paid for a 7A guarantee and got a 7A! When I discussed with my Carnival Groups PVP ....I forgot to mention this is my 3rd Carnival group cruise as group leader...she told me there was no way, no how I would get an upgrade beyond the 7A since there is no 7B-E cabins. She only stated how you only get upgrades within the category your originally booked in. I told her "BS" but guess that didn't help me :(

She only stated how you only get upgrades within the category your originally booked in. I told her "BS" but guess that didn't help me :(

You are right, it can happen. We have been upgraded from OV to BL twice out of 4 cruises. But we have been very lucky! :)

Exactly.

You can go out, sit on a lounge chair or lean against the railing and look out to sea. The only thing you can't do is look directly down at the water.

Going from an inside to a balcony is a great upgrade!

Great. That's the info. I was looking for. I know it's a great upgrade. We're excited!

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry this story makes me feel like a sadsack right now. I paid for a 7A guarantee and got a 7A! When I discussed with my Carnival Groups PVP ....I forgot to mention this is my 3rd Carnival group cruise as group leader...she told me there was no way, no how I would get an upgrade beyond the 7A since there is no 7B-E cabins. She only stated how you only get upgrades within the category your originally booked in. I told her "BS" but guess that didn't help me :(

Man, where are they getting these PVP??? Cat 7B - E lol...

Fred

Archived