Shop Hours in Skagway and elsewhere...

Seawishes

How much will be open as soon as we get off the ship? I assume for the shop owners that from the moment cruisers hit dry land, there's money to be made. If there are no delays, we could be off the ship in the 7 o'clock hour. Will there be much to do first thing in the morning?

(I ask because we'll be doing Murray's Guide, and friends also want some time to explore town. We'll have to be back onboard the Carnival Spirit at 3:30, and Avis only opens at 9am on Sundays, so a big chunk of our day will be on the road. We hope to get back in time to explore town after...but it'll help to explore a little before we start the drive.)

Our ship docked early, and we went into town before meeting our tour guide at 9 am. Sorry to say, there was very little open, maybe 5% of the shops. It was a ghost town, although great for pictures since no one was in them. Most of the stores open were the chain-sort as well, not the local types.

I don't expect stores to open the second I show up, just for us lazy cruisers. But I was sorry that I missed that time to shop, because the rest of the day was very busy with tours. In hindsight, I would have planned to do the tours first thing off the boat and saved the town and shopping for more mid-day.

Archived