midnight chocolate buffet?

BLBB

LOL ;)

Too bad, we had a HUGE choc buffet last Dec on the Enchantment, it was in the dining room.

We also had LOBSTER!! It was on the Fisherman's platter on the last night of our 5 night cruise.

Yep, I miss it! :(

We did have lobster though! Or, was it a huge shrimp?:eek: ;) Anyway, it was pretty good!

Yep, I miss it! :(

We did have lobster though! Or, was it a huge shrimp?:eek: ;) Anyway, it was pretty good!

LOL@huge shrimp...ya know, I preferred the shrimp that was served with the lobster :eek:!! I asked for seconds and gave someone else my lobster :D

As of Jan 08 they (RCCL) did away with the buffet in order to "encourage" better eating habits, and promote healthy diets. :eek:

If I wanted to diet, I wouldn't be on a cruise ship......:p.

"Encourage better eating habits"??? What tripe! It is just a part of the ongoing cost-cutting, as per the letter to shareholders in the beginning pages of the RCI annual report. :mad:

Leslie

There was no midnight chocolate buffet on the Enchantment last month, but there was a poolside buffet with Caribbean band, dancing and juggling bartenders. It was a blast!

Sounds like fun!! I'm so excited

On the other hand, this is very interesting since the 4 night cruise to Baja Mexico on the Monarch of the Seas had a chocolate buffet a month ago...

The buffets are done depending on length of voyage and varrying itineraries.

I'm sure they have a system but I haven't figured it out.

We've seen various dessert buffets, midnight poolside buffets, the traditional chocolate buffet-enjoyed 'em all.

1809352551_of50295443.jpg.9024865a103644f1e68611ab50cd1b6a.jpg

this thread is scaring and depressing me all at once:( -

I've arranged a cruise on Rhapsody next April for 48 family and friends, and i've told them all to get ready for the Chocolate Buffet (I love them) - now i'm just keeping fingers crossed RCI doesn't let me down:)

Don't know if this is true, but we were told by a staff member on Explorer that they were trying to be more responsible with resources and that the midnight buffets (particularly the chocolate one) wasted so much food that they couldn't justify it, in light of people starving in Darfur and elsewhere. Someone else (a waiter? don't remember who) told us that the price of food made it impractical.

Lou-Ann

Archived