Advice for our 7-year-old?

Guinness6

Hi all

We are going on our first Disney Cruise. Our son will turn 7 on the cruise. Are there any activities you can recommend for a him (an only child who would rather be with us)? We would love for him to be in situations where he can make a new friend, or at least not feel like a loner.

many thanks!

Libby

You didn't mention which cruise you will be going on so I will just toss out some ideas from the ones we've done. Our daughter is 6 and is very shy. She has, however, had a lot of fun with the children's activities.

Flubber - This is creating a gooey concoction that resembles flubber from the movie. A lot of fun. They get to keep the flubber when done

Ratatooie Cooking School (used to be Nestle Cooking/Cookie class) - This is making chocolate chip cookies which the kids then get to eat (they get to eat pre-made cookies...not the ones they mix up thankfully!!)

Family Kite Decorating - This is not in the club and is a family activity. They have small kites that you can decorate with markers and stencils and then fly at Castaway Cay

Whale Dig - This is at Castway Cay and can be done either as a family activity or just kids as they have it schedule two different times. This is digging in the sand and uncovering a giant whale skeleton

Goofy's PJ party - Goofy comes in to the club to visit. The kids decorate pillow cases to bring home.

Gasses in Action - A fun science experiment in the lab

Detective School (called Goofy's Files on our latest cruise...may be permanent name change) - The kids try to solve a "crime" in teams led by a counselor

Hope this helps!

Jim

Have you joined a the other board with your cruise date on it?

You might find boys his own age.

our dd was 7 on the cruise last year and there was soo much for her to do. she spend the most time in the clubs. They have so many activities in the clubs and for the families to do.

I know the clubs move around on the cruise, he might be on the sports deck for parts of the day.

is he close to 8 at all? if he is close, he could bump up an age group.

• 4 weeks later...

My son was 6 on his first Disney cruise. He is an only child and very shy. He LOVED the children's program. He was definitely open to going and doing the activities there. He particularly enjoyed the slumber party with Goofy and the Flubber making. Just make sure you sign him up on the first day, so he can do the initial getting to know you things. Have a wonderful cruise.

Have you joined a the other board with your cruise date on it?

You might find boys his own age.

our dd was 7 on the cruise last year and there was soo much for her to do. she spend the most time in the clubs. They have so many activities in the clubs and for the families to do.

I know the clubs move around on the cruise, he might be on the sports deck for parts of the day.

is he close to 8 at all? if he is close, he could bump up an age group.

Exactly what I was thinking. I LOVE our cruise meets threads. Took me many cruises before we joined the meets and last cruise I kicked myself for not doing it for other cruises. My DD was only 6 but started e-mailing other kids and so did my DS and by the time they got to the ship, it was like they were old friends and had a blast.:)

Archived