RCI excursion "A Taste of Rome"?

We'll be cruising on the Voyager soon and have started planning what to do at the different ports. It has been decided we will try to do our own thing in all ports but Rome we're not so sure. It's between the ship's "A Taste of Rome" tour or going by train.

Anyone who's been on this tour can tell me if it's any good and worth the money? How much of it is guided? Were most of the main sights covered?

Obviously doing it on our own would be much much cheaper but we'll be travelling with my MIL and it may be too stressful (worries about getting back to the ship on time with Rome being so far away from the port) and strenuous (too much walking) for her if we went by train. We did also consider the "Easy Rome" tour but I personally don't want to see everything from the coach without the option of stopping and at least taking photos...

All advice would be most helpful! Thank you!

Are there 3 of you?? Because depending on the cost an alternative would be a private tour for around €500. We've always done that and were able to see everything comfortably. (They pick you up at the ship in the morning and drop you off around 5pm.)

We'll be cruising on the Voyager soon and have started planning what to do at the different ports. It has been decided we will try to do our own thing in all ports but Rome we're not so sure. It's between the ship's "A Taste of Rome" tour or going by train.

Anyone who's been on this tour can tell me if it's any good and worth the money? How much of it is guided? Were most of the main sights covered?

Obviously doing it on our own would be much much cheaper but we'll be travelling with my MIL and it may be too stressful (worries about getting back to the ship on time with Rome being so far away from the port) and strenuous (too much walking) for her if we went by train. We did also consider the "Easy Rome" tour but I personally don't want to see everything from the coach without the option of stopping and at least taking photos...

All advice would be most helpful! Thank you!

Don't have an answer for you, but was also wondering if anyone has taken the "Angels and Demons" tour thru RCI? That looked really interesting and since it is a new offering, we were wondering if anyone has done that one?

Archived