Carry On Question

Hello ladies! I have a question for past and future brides. My sister just asked me where are all the carry-ons going to be put during the ceremony & reception. I never thought about this! Obviously 48 bags can't be brought to my room considering I have to get dressed on the room. I do not want guest having to wheel their carry-on cases down the isle to take seats. I do not want guest having to shove cases under chairs or have their legs squished trying to fit in on the floor beside or in front of them.

What did all you past brides?

What do you future brides plan to do?

Hello ladies! I have a question for past and future brides. My sister just asked me where are all the carry-ons going to be put during the ceremony & reception. I never thought about this! Obviously 48 bags can't be brought to my room considering I have to get dressed on the room. I do not want guest having to wheel their carry-on cases down the isle to take seats. I do not want guest having to shove cases under chairs or have their legs squished trying to fit in on the floor beside or in front of them.

What did all you past brides?

What do you future brides plan to do?

We are giving out our bags the night before at the hotel. All of my guests will be at the same hotel so it will make it a lot easier.

Just attended a cruise wedding (on Carnival) as a sailing guest and I had the same question. We were allowed to drop our carry on luggage on bags in our rooms before heading to the ceremony venue. Our room was not yet made up, so we would not have been able to dress or get ready in the cabin. But were able to drop our bags so that we didn't have to lug them to the wedding and reception.

I would assume that you could use the safe because I dont think the stewards check them, you use your credit card for the key, that way you are the only who would be able to open it anyways.

I would assume that you could use the safe because I dont think the stewards check them, you use your credit card for the key, that way you are the only who would be able to open it anyways.

Yes..true...

But if the room isn't made up for the next set of guest...that's mean no steward was in the room to re-activate the safe for the next set of guest. Meaning the safe would still be programmed to the previous guest's credit card. I also know that steward aren't reachable at the time the guest would leave thier carry-ons in the room. I am wondering what can be done (or if it can be done) about having access to thier safes once the carry-on bags are dropped off in the room.

Also, did anyone's guest leave notes or something on thier carry-ons so the stewards knew that is wasn't left by the previous guest? Or were the stewards givin a heads up about carry-ons being placed into the rooms?

Yes..true...

But if the room isn't made up for the next set of guest...that's mean no steward was in the room to re-activate the safe for the next set of guest. Meaning the safe would still be programmed to the previous guest's credit card. I also know that steward aren't reachable at the time the guest would leave thier carry-ons in the room. I am wondering what can be done (or if it can be done) about having access to thier safes once the carry-on bags are dropped off in the room.

Also, did anyone's guest leave notes or something on thier carry-ons so the stewards knew that is wasn't left by the previous guest? Or were the stewards givin a heads up about carry-ons being placed into the rooms?

The safe doesnt have to be re-activated because each time you want to close the safe, you must swipe your credit card to lock it and then again to open it. Does this make sense?

The safe doesnt have to be re-activated because each time you want to close the safe, you must swipe your credit card to lock it and then again to open it. Does this make sense?

So basically you can use different cards all through out your trip?

So the next guest will be able to use thier cards once they board?

Wonderful...thank you.

I thought you choose one card that is stored into the memory of the safe and once that guest leaves the stewart has to "reset" the safr so to speak. Sort of like..if you were to choose a certain combination for a safe that can be reset by a master combination.

So basically you can use different cards all through out your trip?

So the next guest will be able to use thier cards once they board?

Wonderful...thank you.

I thought you choose one card that is stored into the memory of the safe and once that guest leaves the stewart has to "reset" the safr so to speak. Sort of like..if you were to choose a certain combination for a safe that can be reset by a master combination.

i would think you have to reset it b/c if not anyone can come in and use any card at any time to get your stuff out of there making it useless.

i would think you have to reset it b/c if not anyone can come in and use any card at any time to get your stuff out of there making it useless.

I would think so to..but I think she is saying as long as you use the same card to open, that you used to close it...you're good to go. Which would make sense also. I just thought the safe kept the same card on memory through out the cruise, not just keep the same card on memory until the safe is opened again.

I would think so to..but I think she is saying as long as you use the same card to open, that you used to close it...you're good to go. Which would make sense also. I just thought the safe kept the same card on memory through out the cruise, not just keep the same card on memory until the safe is opened again.

Exactly, you can switch cards all week long, you just have to use whichever one you closed/locked the safe with to open it back up.

Archived