Ventura : Ramblas and East restaurants

tom_uk

Has anyone eaten at either Ramblas or East restaurants? Especially during an evening, i.e. instead of having their dinner in Bay Tree, Cinnamon or Saffron.

I'm just wondering what they're like. There's been quite a bit of information about the White Room, but not so much (if anything....) about these other two.

Hi Tom,

We tried them all on our recent 'Riviera Romance' cruise.

I prebooked the 'White Room' a week or so prior to the cruise and confrmed our dining date/time when we arrived on board. The meal was pleasant enough, albeit nothing special. Service was OK at best. I'm trying to ignore the fact that although we were dining after 9.00 pm there was a screaming child in the restaurant for much of the duration of our meal. (£20.00 supplement per person). Being high up at the stern of Ventura, it was necessary to hold the cutlery and condiments down to stop the vibration of the ship throwing them off the table. In all, OK, but...

Ramblas was good (£5.00 supplement per person), albeit a very casual experience, similar to sitting down in a UK for a pub lunch (The restauarnt is adjacent to the main thoroughfare). I would dine there again.

With regard to East (£15.00 supplement per person), the experience was EXCELLENT and far surpassed the 'White Room'. Comfort, table setting and menu were first class, the service and attentiveness of the staff comparable with the best restaurants that I have eaten in. I would whole heartedly recommend EAST to anyone on Ventura (But not if I was on the ship at the time, Lol - I like the calm ambience of the venue!

Give EAST a try I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

Helford can you give us an example of the menu in East Restuarant, do they do chinese, like chow mein etc.

We were on the same cruise as Helford and totally agree re East, excellent in all aspects. We ate there twice. They change the menu every 7-10 days, so we had two different menu's. It is billed as a 'Pacific Rim' restaurant. My husband liked his starter so much, he asked if he could another portion with his main meal, it was no problem, at no extra cost.

Did not do the White Room, the menu did not appeal to us.

We ate tapas at the Ramblas one lunch time, nice but small portions. We also tried it one evening, but not a very large choice of dishes.

Have a good cruise

Same for me,

East - the food was "Asian - Pacific" - amazing taste, a noticeable differance to the main dining rooms....

Ramblas - eat both in the restaurant and had Tapas with a San Miguel. Both very tasty and value for money......

I would endorse teh East recommendations.

In particular the pea veloute soup and the monkfish with sweet potato (basically asian fish & chips) .

Service was fabulous and the food so good we went twice.

• 1 month later...
is it best to book before you board ?will you not get a table if you wait until you are on board? how do you book ?sorry prob silly question!

Hi ladyruby and jenniwrenni!

You can't book East until you are onboard. One of the things I'm going to do as soon as I get on board to book The White Room and East. If you don't you may have to take what's given to you, as happened to us on the QM2.

Eddie :)

Hi ladyruby and jenniwrenni!

You can't book East until you are onboard. One of the things I'm going to do as soon as I get on board to book The White Room and East. If you don't you may have to take what's given to you, as happened to us on the QM2.

Thanks Eddie ( you also answered my question too);) hope you don't mind me butting in:)

We will do same as soon as we arrive.

We ate at Todds on QM2 (did you?) ....it was FAB , we really enjoyed the meal and the evening.

Thanks Eddie ( you also answered my question too);) hope you don't mind me butting in:)

We will do same as soon as we arrive.

We ate at Todds on QM2 (did you?) ....it was FAB , we really enjoyed the meal and the evening.

That's no problem jimjams. Glad to be of service.

Yes we did eat in Todd English on QM2. It was on a Transatlantic and it was great eating with a view of the wide Atlantic. Oh to be there now!

No, ring the restaurant - number in cabin.

White Room is OK - agree with Helfords initial comments.

Same re Ramblas, where wines are cheaper.

East is by far the best.

Mike

No, ring the restaurant - number in cabin.

White Room is OK - agree with Helfords initial comments.

Same re Ramblas, where wines are cheaper.

East is by far the best.

Mike

East is looking like the winner ...:) thanks Mike , nice to know.

Janet

• 3 months later...

Yes I posted that on another thread, and was shot down in flames by a very aggresive poster. If you book a table before 6-30 in ether the W/R or the East, you eat at reduced rates. The White Room £15 and the East £12-50p [ thats what I paid in November ]

Yes I posted that on another thread, and was shot down in flames by a very aggresive poster. If you book a table before 6-30 in ether the W/R or the East, you eat at reduced rates. The White Room £15 and the East £12-50p [ thats what I paid in November ]

Thank you :D why would you be shot down for being helpful ? we are taking my son who will want to try a couple of these so it will be a great saving.

Thanks again & merry christmas ;)

Archived