OTC Drugs in Mexico

kwnancy

Has anyone ever got xanax? If so, how much for how many and what mg? Do you just walk into a store and ask for it?????

I am very curious/interested about this.

Thanks!!

PG

Be VERY careful. Xanax, Valium, Seconal, etc., etc. etc available at most Mexican pharmacies. As well as all the diet prescription drugs. Even if you have a USA prescription, the laws are soooo different that you can easily fall in the grey area of smuggling.

All those mentioned and more are controlled substances and Class XXX narcotics. You could go to jail if customs finds them. It is considered smuggling Class XXX narcotics and if you have enough (in the Nogales, Mexico entry point) anything over 90 pills is smuggling. Most pharmacies in Mexico will fill a 90 pill prescription. In the USA, that class of drugs is generally limited to a 30 day prescription.

It is just about as cheap to buy Xanax from Canada. My friend buys them from Planet Drugs. They actually check the script and she has never had them confiscated.

Has anyone ever got xanax? If so, how much for how many and what mg? Do you just walk into a store and ask for it?????

I am very curious/interested about this.

Thanks!!

PG

I went to the pharmacy and asked out of curiosity because I see it mentioned sometimes, and because my best friend is a pharmacist and we have discussed this.

They sell them without a prescription.

90 pills

.5 was about $90 if i remember correctly

1mg were $120-130??

and 2 mg were even higher (cannot imagine myself on 2 mg...I would be comatose!)

Taking stuff like that back into the US scares me. I did get a tube of Retin A and stressed about that, lol

I'm curious about this myself...

I am not a heavy person as it is. I used to weigh about 117. I went on Wellbutrin for a while and you talk about weight loss. It completely took my appetite away and I got down to about 110. I know of several others who have had the same affect.

So if you think you may benefit from something like that (I didn't even realize mine was depression; I just couldnt get out of bed; no energy, but wow what a difference on it!) ask your dr about it. And IMO its got to be safer than diet pills!

Once more with enthusiasm... no opinions, no pointing, no changing text. Read the link and then decide if you want to take a chance.

The United States Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Act) (21 U.S.C. section 331) prohibits the interstate shipment (which includes importation) of unapproved new drugs. Thus, the importation of drugs that lack FDA approval, whether for personal use or otherwise, violates the Act. Unapproved new drugs are any drugs, including foreign-made versions of U.S. approved drugs, that have not been manufactured in accordance with and pursuant to an FDA approval.

I do not understand why anyone would jeopardize their vacation....and future......to save a few bucks on drugs.......:confused:

BE CAREFUL!!!! It is always one thing to know "oh you could get caught and go to jail" and then it's different when you actually see it happen. We just came back from Belize and there was a husband/wife couple on our cruise that was taken from their cabin as soon as we pulled into port in Tampa. We found out that they had bought Xanax and Oxycodone in Belize.

They had their luggage out to be taken to the airport (CCL will take your luggage from the cabin directly to the airport for you and you won't have to deal with it till you get home) and we were told that the drug sniffing dog "did his job." They were arrested on Federal charges! :eek:

Was a real eye opener for us!

As for weight loss meds.....I had a friend who ordered them from Inhouse Pharmacy online without a prescription. I wouldn't suggest self-medicating though!

I take a narcotic daily for pain control. These laws are so strict i would not even think of trying to bring it back. One months prescription for me is $150, without insurance it would be $900 for a month. So as tempting as it is to get it cheaper, i dont even try. It is not worth going to jail and having it on my record. I pay for health insurance and will use it. I have to show ID to drop it off and to pick up the prescription. It can not be called into a pharmacy, i have to pick up my prescription every month, and refills are not allowed. The laws in the US are very strict on narcotics. I have seen doctors lose their license for over prescribing them. I had to sign a 3 page contract with my pain management doctor for him to even prescribe them for me. So all i can say is be very careful bringing back any xanax, valium, ativan, oxycontin. Anything like that. This is another reason i never take a pillbox with me, all drugs should be in the original prescribed container when traveling.

On the whole antibiotic issue. I am a patient who has had MRSA in the past. It was two years ago, i was 24 and was hardly ever sick as a kid. The reason i caught it was being in a hospital with semi private rooms for a prolonged time, i had not incorrectly taken antibiotics, but due to the overprescriptions of antibiotics the bacteria does not respond to most antiobiotics. I am more prone to MRSA now since it is now dormant in my system. It is something you do not want to have to deal with, i completely understand if you know your child has an ear infection. I sure wouldnt stock up on it though, but thats just my opinion.

• 3 months later...

I paid 20 for a sm tube of Retin a and it has lasted me over a year, and I think I might get another year out of it.

I only use a sm dab around my eyes.

I got it in cozumel at the big store past all the jewlery stores .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last time I was in Cozumel on the Pearl I arrived with a horrible sinus infection. I bought a ZPack which cleared it right up. I also stocked up on Prilosec (having NO insurance it meant alot to get it that much cheaper.)

I didn't have a problem, but only brought two things Zithromax and prilosec. I also had the script bottle with prilosec.

We found a store on the main drag that was a "chain" with signs outside that translated the mexican version to the american brand name equivalent and the generic.

Archived