Midnight buffet

alaterreur

We were on the Island in late June. I don't recall seeing anything about the midnight buffet. We did have a chocolate buffet on night but it was from 8 to 10 I think and since we have the late dinner we weren't interested enough to stand in line to see it.

Maybe you should ask this on the Princess board, since it's cruise-line-specific rather than a general Alaska question. Not that it was wrong to ask here, but you might get better answers that way. Just a thought....

My friend was wondering if they still do those beautifull midnight buffets on the Sapphire Princess. And is there any Ice Sculptures... We will be going on the Sapphire in Aug. southbound.:)

Just did the Sapphire southbound in June and there was was no beautiful midnight buffet.

They did do several different buffets around lunch time or early afternoon out by the pool, but nothing big like they used to be for the midnight ones. I remember was a pastry, a sushi. That's all I can think of right now.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Maybe you should ask this on the Princess board, since it's cruise-line-specific rather than a general Alaska question. Not that it was wrong to ask here, but you might get better answers that way. Just a thought....

You know what you suggested, I see people do this sort of thing over on the main Princess Board and what they do is people tell to come over and post to the Alaska board especially since they are on an Alaskan sailing.

Susan in Anchorage :)

It seems that the extravagant midnight buffets are a thing of the past. Maybe too much waste. But there is usually a regular buffet open all night, so there is no lack of food. And there are frequently ice sculptures and beautifully carved fruit and vegetable sculptures as well.

Archived