Hideaway Power Boat/Escape vs Passion Island

BigJay1

We are going to Cozumel the first week of Nov with NCL Sea. We have read several great things about the Hideaway Power Boat & Beach Escape and about Passion Island, any suggestions on which we should choose? :confused:

Thanks!

Jay & Gayle

Dolphin - ?

QEII - 1994

NCL Majesty -1998

NCL Dream (Baltic) - 2002

NCL Sea - 2004

Pick ANY tour but Passion Island.

We just got back from a 4 nite Carnival cruise, and my friend picked the Passion Island excursion after hearing the cruise director go on and on about how it is the number one excursion they offer.

IT was horrible. I have gone on over a dozen cruises, and never have had a bad shore tour. We were herded in to an airconditioned, altho older bus for a "15 minute ride over rough terrain" which lasted over 45 minutes each way, bumping and jerking the whole time. WE got to the "ferry" area and got on the ferry, had a quick 10 minute ride to the island. Once on the island we were given a short orientation and told what time to come back to the ferry area.

The beach was clean and white sand, the water was not clear and pretty like some other areas of cozumel even tho it was not very rough water. There were these scoop shaped hard plastic loungers that were very low to the ground and not adjustable if you wanted to lie on your stomach , and were difficult to get in and out of. There were no shade umbrellas or palapas on the beach. Other than sitting in the chairs or the few hammocks, going in the murky water or walkiing around, there were no organized activities other than one group who played volleyball (after looking for the ball for an hour) or joining the drinking (heavily) crowd at the open bar.

The mexican buffet featured a choice of overly dry chicken legs or grilled fish, some fruit, rice, guacamole chips and salsa. It was pretty meager.

For the price we paid (over $75.00 pp, no kids discount) it was a total rip off. A few people probably drank that much though!!!

I have done the catamaran snorkel and beach party and Paradise beach, they are always good value for the money. The mayan sunset cruise is also very nice if you are there at night.

I complained to the shore tour director on the ship, and they sent me a form to fill out to complain to management. Hopefully I will get some sort of refund.

:mad: :mad:

PS:: I forgot to add there are no activities such as snorkelling, water rafts, or watersports here at all, and that the water was kind of deep quickly, so if you had little ones it would be hard for them to wade.

They also mentioned water balloon fights, and games, they did not have any on the island the day we were there.

Archived