Gluten/Wheat FREE products

I think your best bet is to call the cruise line. I know they have kosher and vegetarian but I don't see how they can handle ALL dietary restrictions. Possibly if you always eat in the same restaurant and can deal with no choices just the one glueten free meal they prepare.

Can you adjust to what is available? Say a tuna sandwich is on the menu, can you just ask for a scoop of tuna on lettuce? I can't see them having wheat free bread at every location just in case you show up so I would imagine your diet will restrict your choices.

I'm not trying to discourage you restrictions can be hard, so your best bet is to check

Every cruise line has a section to address special needs. You need to search their website for it...Especially read everything in the FAQ section. They will have an email address or phone #, maybe both. Contact them as early as possible to discuss your condition. I believe mnost lines will be able to provide a gluten-free diet. Usually you have to consult with the mairtr-de' and he will provide you with the menus ahead of time and you can shoose what you can eat or they can fix to your specifications. EM

I just returned from the 6/29 sailing on the Dawn & they were able to meet the needs of my wheat/gluten allergy. Email the special services department in advance of your sailing (as far in advance as you can). They sent me lists of gluten free foods that they can make available to me on the cruise. They then suggested that I meet with the restaurant manager as soon as I boarded the ship. I met with him & he assured me that all of the restaurant would be able to offer wheat free options.

Each restaurant was familiar with the term "gluten free", which often I don't experience in regular restaurants back home. They provided gluten free bread on the table & prepared all of my food gluten free.

• 2 months later...

I emailed the access desk and they stated that they have it noted for my upcoming cruise that I need gluten free foods. I did not receive any type of list stating what foods were available. Do I need to contact someone else for that? Thanks for any help.

I have emailed the special needs access desk, and will await on their reply.

I saved this from a past traveler, as my SIL is also intolerant to Wheat/Gluten foods.

I just returned from the 6/29 sailing on the Dawn & they were able to meet the needs of my wheat/gluten allergy. Email the special services department in advance of your sailing (as far in advance as you can). They sent me lists of gluten free foods that they can make available to me on the cruise. They then suggested that I meet with the restaurant manager as soon as I boarded the ship. I met with him & he assured me that all of the restaurant would be able to offer wheat free options.

Each restaurant was familiar with the term "gluten free", which often I don't experience in regular restaurants back home. They provided gluten free bread on the table & prepared all of my food gluten free.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

July 2006 we were on NCL Majesty and they did an excellent job dealing with my wife's gluten free diet. Such a good job that we repeated the cruise to Bermuda this summer. Only this year it was the Dream. Clearly the crew on the Dream didn't have a clue as to what to do. We were repeatedly assured not to worry. But we needed to check everything. If you need to eat gluten free, you know what a gluten free roll looks like and what it doesn't. Error occured daily. The worst being a breaded onion ring hidden under a slice of prime rib. NCL had been at the top of our list regarding special dietary needs. It is now at the bottom.

The new ranking would be RCCI, HAL and then NCL.

Find multi-language cards which describe your needs. Hand them out to all your service people. Maybe it will help.

Archived