Rome Airport to Civ October 13, 2008

I am wondering if anyone has gone from the airport (FCO) to the port by train? I am staying at the Hilton Airport pre-cruise and if it isn't too difficult I was thinking of taking the train. There will be 4 adults with 4 pcs. of luggage. Has anyone done this before? :confused:

Thank you for the link. I had been onto your link previously but since I have looked at so much information I forgot how to get back there! I do have a question, can you remember how many stairs there are once you arrive at the port? If it is several flights of stairs I may have to consider alternate transportation. If it is a flight or two it won't be a problem. Thanks very much for your help.

Thank you for the link. I had been onto your link previously but since I have looked at so much information I forgot how to get back there! I do have a question, can you remember how many stairs there are once you arrive at the port? If it is several flights of stairs I may have to consider alternate transportation. If it is a flight or two it won't be a problem. Thanks very much for your help.

If you have recently looked at my site, you will recall seeing notaions about the trains that continue on past Civitavecchia. If they continue on, in all probability you will have to use the stairs and tunnel for these. It is about 1 and 1/2 floors worth of stairs going down/up. Not really bad and it is not congested so you don't really have to worry about a bag or two while you go back and get the rest. We're mid 60s, did it a year ago and are going to do it again in Oct.

Sorry, I just clicked on the link to answer you and didn't think about looking at the sailing date! So, one I figure out exactly what I might do I will certainly post it under my cruise of October 13th. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Archived