What will/did your groom/groomsmen wear?

I like the formal look but, I have looked on the site for the tuxes the ship offers and there's not much of a choice. I thought I might have the guys rent black tuxes and then buying vests and ties to go with them.

What will/did you do?

We are getting the guys to rent the ships black tux with black vest/tie. I know it is plain, but I dont think anyone would notice if they were blue anyways! :) One less thing to stress about!

Good luck!

We had the guys rent the tuxedos through the ship. I bought ties in the color of the bridesmaid dresses. When I rented the tuxes I requested lay-down collars for the shirts, but they couldn't guarantee them (we were using regular, not bow, ties so we really needed them). We bought lay-down collar tuxedo shirts from Men's Warehouse for the groom & groomsman (BM had one) just in case. In the end, the groomsman got a laydown collar shirt with the rental so we only used (and returned) one of the shirts we bought.

It was so much easier to do this than worry about traveling with suits or tuxes (and cheaper in the end than renting onshore).

DH and his brother rented tuxes from Men's Wearhouse. You can pick them up and drop them off at any location. His brother took his back the next day, DH kept his for the remainder of the cruise and just rewore it on one of the formal nights. They end up charging the normal fee and a half to keep it that long, but it worked out well for us. Renting or buying vests of your own would be my next suggestion - I really didn't like the ship options.

If you like the formal look, stay with it!! And dont rent from the boat, those are not impressive! I just went through this for weeks! My suggestion, find a mom and pop shop tuxedo place, they will most likely rent you one for as long as you need it for normal price. I rented from a place like this and my men are paying 120 for a week and a half rental. Shop around!! Its my biggest suggestion, there is places out there that will work with you, just stay away from Mens Warehouse and big corporate places like that because they will charge you too much... shop shop shop!! :)

DH and his brother rented tuxes from Men's Wearhouse. You can pick them up and drop them off at any location. His brother took his back the next day, DH kept his for the remainder of the cruise and just rewore it on one of the formal nights. They end up charging the normal fee and a half to keep it that long, but it worked out well for us. Renting or buying vests of your own would be my next suggestion - I really didn't like the ship options.

This is definitely a good option if you are getting married prior to sailing.

We got married at sea (2nd day of a 7 day cruise) so renting on land for a total of 10 days (to pick up a day prior to sailing and return a day after) would have been over $150 per tuxedo (renting through the ship cost $85 per person for the week, including tuxedo, 2 shirts, cumberbund, tie, cufflinks and studs). Some places wouldn't even rent them for that long because it was prom season in FL (where we live & where the ship departed from).

The ones offered on the ship are actually nice tuxedos (I didn't like any of the vests/ties so we bought ties and did not use vests).

our ceremony will be very casual and on the beach, so he's already been promised (and is quite relieved about the fact) that he will only be required to wear something basic like khaki shorts and a lightweight linen or cotton button-up shirt, most likely in white or light blue or something like that... we haven't picked the exact stuff out just yet. I was planning to perhaps wear a more formal dress but now I think I'm going to find a light, breezy cotton sundress or something similarly informal so we will look much more coordinated with each other. he'll have a nice boutonniere that matches my bouquet and we'll be comfortable! but he will have to don a suit and/or tux for our at-home reception about 3 weeks later... so he's not totally off the monkey-suit hook! :p

Archived