Finding Category Availability on Seabourn Website

cruiseyguy

The newly-designed Seabourn website now has information which gives a rough indication of cabin category availability on every cruise, making it easier to find cabins without going to Seabourn or a TA each time to check. Under "Cruise Fares" for each cruise, non-available categories are designated as ""wait listed," with the remaining categories apparently still having some availability. I doubt that the website is "real time" but at least it is useful in finding wide-open cruises that may have deals, especially for singles. Interestingly, despite the hype we often read, most Seabourn cruises have ample availability, including Odyssey. In fact, the Maiden Voyage has openings in several categories.

The newly-designed Seabourn website now has information which gives a rough indication of cabin category availability on every cruise, making it easier to find cabins without going to Seabourn or a TA each time to check. Under "Cruise Fares" for each cruise, non-available categories are designated as ""wait listed," with the remaining categories apparently still having some availability. I doubt that the website is "real time" but at least it is useful in finding wide-open cruises that may have deals, especially for singles. Interestingly, despite the hype we often read, most Seabourn cruises have ample availability, including Odyssey. In fact, the Maiden Voyage has openings in several categories.

That's good news. I always thought it was bad form, bordering on false advertising, to show prices that weren't available. (It certainly caused some angst while booking our upcoming cruise).

Steve.

Steve-As I said, it isn't real time & they can still play games. But it is a step forward.

It certainly is! Thanks so much for pointing it out. I've just been having fun looking at heaps of cruises and which categories are available.

My own cruise on October 25 is now wide open. We were forced into buying an A1 category when we first booked. 'A' cat are now available! Still, we are happy with our cabin, as it's mid ship.

Steve.

Category A suites are usually assigned to guest entertainers and lecturers;

All twelve of them? Surely Seabourn would prefer to have as many paying passengers in these cabins as possible.

I certainly agree the A1 cabins are a much better proposition in rough weather.

Category A suites are usually assigned to guest entertainers and lecturers; midship A1 is a perfect location and the smoothest sail (and my favorite!)

The 2 closest to the launderette 100 and 101 are normally held for lecturers etc. They are differently laid out rooms although have all the same facilities. The rest of A`s are for sale to all 102-111 but are also often used for single occupation. :)

• 1 month later...
Category A suites are usually assigned to guest entertainers and lecturers; midship A1 is a perfect location and the smoothest sail (and my favorite!)

Glad to hear this is your favorite area of the ship. We will be with Steve and Chris for a part of their upcoming cruise when we board in Alexandria to Dubai. Since this is our first time on board this ship, I was a little uncertain which stateroom to purchase but sounds as though A1 should be fine. I am always thinking about avoiding motion sickness!

Glad to hear this is your favorite area of the ship. We will be with Steve and Chris for a part of their upcoming cruise when we board in Alexandria to Dubai. Since this is our first time on board this ship, I was a little uncertain which stateroom to purchase but sounds as though A1 should be fine. I am always thinking about avoiding motion sickness!

I`m sorry. You do`nt purchase the stateroom. You pay to reside in it for as long as long as you and Seabourn agree. :)

Archived