Chankanaab Question re: pool

tinabinab

This may be a silly question, but do you have to be participating in the Dolphin program to use the pool at Chankanaab? The Dolphin Discovery page is the only place I've been able to even find references to the pool.

When we were at Chankanaab several years ago I don't remember the pool even being there (and maybe it wasn't), but we also did not do the dolphin stuff. This year part of our group will be doing the dolphin program and part not... so I was just wondering if those not doing it will have access to the pool?

TIA!

Tina

We were there two weeks ago to do the dolphin Royal Swim. Admission to the park was included with our dolphin price, but once anyone pays admission to the park, they have use of the pool, and/or beach area. It's a little extra to get a mask, snorkel, or floating beach mat. By the way-the mask and snorkel really came in handy-when you get in the ocean there, the tropical fish are practically tame. When you get in, they swarm around you and are quite beautiful. Our day at Chankanaab was the best of all our stops on our cruise. It's beautiful!!! Enjoy!!! :)

I've heard some people say that the pool is for dolphin program participants only, but that didn't seem to be the case when we were there in March. Once you are in the park, the pool is right there and no one was checking to see who was using it.

If you'd like to see some pics of the pool (it's a very nice pool) click on my photo link below and just scan through the pics till you see the "Chankanaab Park" ones.

I've heard some people say that the pool is for dolphin program participants only, but that didn't seem to be the case when we were there in March. Once you are in the park, the pool is right there and no one was checking to see who was using it.

If you'd like to see some pics of the pool (it's a very nice pool) click on my photo link below and just scan through the pics till you see the "Chankanaab Park" ones.

Looked at your pics. They were awesome. We're trying to decide on DD vs Dolphinaris for our kids 2,7, & 9. The pool looks like it has a spot for wading for smaller kids. Is that right? Does the beach area have sand for making sand castles? What food options are there? Where do I find the cost to just get in?

Looked at your pics. They were awesome. We're trying to decide on DD vs Dolphinaris for our kids 2,7, & 9. The pool looks like it has a spot for wading for smaller kids. Is that right? Does the beach area have sand for making sand castles? What food options are there? Where do I find the cost to just get in?

In addition to the food options available, is there any need to be concerned about the food/water while there?

In addition to the food options available, is there any need to be concerned about the food/water while there?

No more than you'd have to worry about food/water you'd get from a street vendor in New York.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived