Dinner seating time with kids??

danrenne1

We will be cruising the Conquest in Sept with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6month old. We are booked for a 615pm seating. I dont think that the 2 year old will want to sit though dinner every night... so I was wondering if its better to book a later seating so she is at kids dinner some nights and playing while we are eating? The capers look like dinner is only till 615pm or sometimes 730pm. Any info would be great. Thanks

We will be cruising the Conquest in Sept with a 2 1/2 year old and a 6month old. We are booked for a 615pm seating. I dont think that the 2 year old will want to sit though dinner every night... so I was wondering if its better to book a later seating so she is at kids dinner some nights and playing while we are eating? The capers look like dinner is only till 615pm or sometimes 730pm. Any info would be great. Thanks

Actually, they have just changed the times to 6:00pm and 8:15pm.

Will the 2 year old be going to Camp Carnival?

You can have her sit with you and have her dinner until 7pm, then one of you can bring her to camp.... and then enjoy the rest of your meal and dessert.

Or she can go the kids dinner.

Catrin

you mean they have changed main dining room seating time to 6pm and 8pm? She will be going to camp carnival but it looks like if she was to eat dinner at camp it changes every night. Is this so? Or is it a set time now? Thanks for the info. Dont get me wrong, I want her to eat in the main dinning room some nights. It would be more fun for her at camp.

My daughter was almost two last time we sailed and she sat in the dining room with us (early seating) every night! She loved it because we kept her involved-she got to pick out a pretty dress, she got to know the waiters and she always had a special dessert-a bowl of fruit with strawberries on top. It was a great experience for us.

We had early seating - just go with the flow. I had taken formal wear and then both kids begged to go to Camp and eat with their friends. So - we let them and then we were able to get a table for two for formal night. Other nights, they went with us and had a great time. Early seating worked great - we could eat, get them to camp, and have some night time fun before picking them up again. Have fun!

EARLY SEATING!!!!

Last summer on our med cruise, the other family absolutely insisted on late seating. This is typical in France where we live but disasterous on Celebrity, since it's American.

The next table complained non-stop every time my kids were there. I, of course, ignored their rude comments. They honestly expected them to be silent. Give me a break!

Also, the staff was not good about bringing the childrens' meals early so I could take them to the club. It just made the meal lag. Please bring it early and it arrived two minutes before ours' did. Thanks...

Some evenings, we just skipped the dining room altogether. The few times we did eat there, the kids all ate with the club.

Most children were on the early seating and the parents had no problems, no comments.

There seemed to be an unwritten rule that children should be at the early seating or not at all IMHO.

On our cruises, the Camp Carnival dinner has always started at 5:45. We've always had early seating with our kids and it's worked out fine. On the nights the kids want to go to Camp Carnival dinner, we'd just bring them to the Lido restaurant where they sign in and then go to dinner ourselves. Our kids usually have dinner with Camp Carnival a couple of times on a cruise, but they like the dining room.

Remember that Camp Carnival dinner is not available the first night, so you will need to bring the kids with you to the dining room that night. Camp Carnival registration and family programs usually begins right after the early seating on the first night, so late seating would be a problem if you want to participate in those activities.

I will have to say that the dinners on Celebrity are almost too long for me. I have had late seating twice and it was really late by the time dinner was over. Dining on Celebrity is great but having lengthy meals every night was a bit much for this fast paced American. We are slow by most standards, being Southern. I can only imagine after a long day in the sun having children in the dining room that late. You deserve a medal!!

Archived