Stateroom Catagories

yallcome

:confused: Is there anywhere I can go to understand the catagories of the staterooms?

I was guaranteed a cat E--and am now in a cat H---portside midship--but I have no idea what all this really means--I'm on the Prinsendam.

Many Thanks!!

Kim

Have you checked out the Holland America website? Try this link and check out the deckplans-link is lower right on this webpage: http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Prinsendam I haven't sailed the Prinsendam (yet) but the alpha designations for the regular cabins (not suites) start with the best/highest/mid-ship cabins (A) and end with the worst/lowest/ends of the ship ®. It seems to me that if you were guaranteed an E and you are assigned an H you should contact your TA.

I was guaranteed a cat E--and am now in a cat H---portside midship--but I have no idea what all this really means--

The H have only portholes, and are way up near the bow. If you're "portside midship" you do not have an H. What is the cabin number? Most likely it is a D or E.

Accckkkk---I posted this backwards--so sorry!! I was originally an H and am now an E---
In that case you've gotten a nice upgrade! Congratulations! The E's midship have rectangular windows, will offer a smoother and quieter ride, and are more equi-distant from all public areas of the ship. :)

Only three more days...

Unfortunately no bathtub---I do wish we had one--but I think it'll be terrific nonetheless!:D

About half the Prinsendam E's have a shower and bathtub! What is your cabin number?

Archived