Looking for good beaches from Calica port. . .

mcfam5

I know that xcaret is near there (www.xcaret.com). It was a nice park with a beach if I remember correctly, HOWEVER, if you are traveling with a stroller it is most definitely NOT stroller/wheelchair friendly - most of the paths are pebbles, sand or rocky and some have an incline.

There is nothing in Calica itself, no beaches, no shops its just a taxi stand basically. You must take a taxi/shuttle into nearby Playa Del Carmen to see anything. There you will find the main beach. We took our DD there last Oct. Its a nice beach, not rocky, good sand but there are no showers/public facilities to rinse off afterwards. We ended up buying a gallon of water to rinse the sand off. Have fun.

Julie

thank you for this fast reply!! now i know what to tell the gang of 10 families that are going with us!!!

hugs

There is nothing in Calica itself, no beaches, no shops its just a taxi stand basically. You must take a taxi/shuttle into nearby Playa Del Carmen to see anything. There you will find the main beach. We took our DD there last Oct. Its a nice beach, not rocky, good sand but there are no showers/public facilities to rinse off afterwards. We ended up buying a gallon of water to rinse the sand off. Have fun.

Julie

Xcaret was amazing. We loved it. We ate at the Restaurant which was good. When we were done eating one of our group saw them pour the salsa we didn't finish back into the container they scooped it out of. Oh well, tequila will take care of the germs right. No one was sick. I still loved it. The beach was beautiful.

When we were done eating one of our group saw them pour the salsa we didn't finish back into the container they scooped it out of.

These kind of things F~R~E~A~K me out! Eeeewwww! :eek:

Archived