Luggage Drop @ Airport?

mmadhatter

Found this on an earlier post and had it in my "notes"...maybe it will help you.

"have a similar problem we dock at 8:30 but the fly is at 7:00 for your luggage check this site, it was given to me and they hold it for a fee http://www.audioguapr.com I wrote to them for further info. I hope this will help you"

• 2 weeks later...

mmsoko, that site did not work for me!

mmadhatter, the airport is actually kind of far outside of town. You will probably be docking in Old San Juan, so I would suggest taking your luggage to a nearby hotel and asking if they would be willing to hold it for you. (Offering $20 probably wouldn't hurt!) If you go all the way out to the airport to drop off your luggage, and then come all the way back to see the city, you will be wasting a lot of time in transit.

For that matter, I did not see a luggage drop at SJU airport anyway...

You can only check luggage 3 or 4 hrs prior to departure, try Barrachina restaurat or on pier 4 local 12 the guy that has a snack store will hold it for you, do not go with Audio Guia, we made arrangements with her to hold our stuff (that is her business) and take us to the beach and later to the airport but when we got there the shop was closed, the old guy saved our day

Alicia

Hi. We were in San Juan in March, off the Serenade. We used Barrachina, they hold your luggage for free. We had lunch there, very good, home of the pina colada, also have nice jewelry shops there, good prices. There was a group of 6 of us with LOTS of luggage and they didn't blink an eye!

• 2 weeks later...

We just stored 4 bags at Barrachina village and gave them the suggesated $5 tip (total). We were not obligated to eat at the restaurant or by anything. It is located in Old San Juan. When we got off the ship, we told our cab driver where we wanted to go and paid $14 for 4 of us. Have fun!

We have done the luggage thing both ways in San Juan. Both work OK but even though it is more expensive (extra $35 for taxis) we like dropping off our luggage at the airport and checking in for our flight and then going into OSJ. I feel my bags are more secure and a piece of mind that we have boarding passes and won't have to stand in line later to check the bags. The NWA counter opens at 10:00 AM will accept bags for late afternoon flights. On the way home we check everything except a backpack to carry around OJS.

Hi-We just got back from AOS 11/28 and we struggled what to do in San Juan because we have 2 small children and our flight was not until 6:30 pm. No way were we sitting in the airport all day and I was not inclined to take the tours from the ship since you had to be off the ship by 8:15 and dropped at the airport at about 12:30 (still a long wait there). We took the usual route to the airport through RCI's transfers, checked in at American at about 10:30 AM. Even thought the sign says check in was only 3 hours ahead, they let us check our bags without a problem. (I think it would be mess if they didn't, people would be sitting all over the airport with their luggage). Then we took a taxi to Old San Juan which was very easy to do. They have a dispatcher who writes a receipt with the exact fare. We toured one of the forts with my sons, and they really enjoyed it, then we ate lunch at Burger King. Caught a cab back for $22 (with tip) and was back at the airport around 3:30. We could have stayed out longer but we wanted to say good bye to some relatives who were leaving earlier. All in all this was a great plan, and we felt good about coming back to the airport already checked in. The cab ride is only about 20 min each way and about $20 each way (much cheaper than the ship's trips)! Karen

Skogler- Don't hold me to it, but I don't think you should have a problem with a 12:15 flight. We were one of the last ones off the ship and we were at the airport by 10:30 AM. They disembark by flight times, so you will be one of the first ones off around 8-8:30 if all goes well. I think also you have to fill out a special form to let them know your flight is early. Have fun! Karen

Archived