need advise on Cozumel

Terry305

We are going in the IMagination in Sep 22, last year we did travel on the Fascination and also went to Cozumel, any advise in what to do in Cozumel last year we went to the beach and it was nice but cannot recall the name of the beach , we are a party of 4 adults and 2 kids 8 and 12 any advise will be welcome.

Thanks guys!!!

We love Paradise Beach---good drinks and food and water toys for the kids.

Free to get in and lounges and umbrellas are free too. Just a cost to use the water toys, I forget how much.

Tom is the host and really makes you feel welcome.

If you want a "free beach" (which means they do not charge an entrance fee and they don't charge for chairs, tables, umbrellas or restrooms etc) and since you have kids...I would recommend Paradise Beach. All they ask is that you eat/drink while you are there...which is fair.

A Taxi to all beach resorts will be around $12-15 one way for up to 4 people.

Paradise Beach also offers a $10 wristband that is optional that covers all their water and land toys. Our 2 boys always get one...hubby and I do not.

(we are shade people)

If your family is really into snorkeling, the best beach snorkeling is Chankanaab Park. The entrance fee is $16.00 for adults....not sure how much for kids but you can get discount coupons off the Internet.

Have a great day in Cozumel.

While Xcaret is wonderful I would not recommend this outing on a cruise. The best part of it is the show in the evening that isn't possible to see while on a cruise. There is so much to see and do at Xcaret that I don't think that you could really enjoy the entire place in the limited time, especially since it can be quite pricey for admission. Book a land vacation to the Mayan Riviera or Cancun and then go to Xcaret. :)

We really love Playa Del Carmen which is a town on the mainland. There is a long street that is foot traffic only with shops and restaurants all along called 5th Ave. Shopping is a little cheaper in Playa than Cozumel and the people watching is great here. There is a ferry that runs between Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen every hour. I would only go here if I couldn't find something or somewhere to go in Cozumel though. Cozumel itself has so much to offer!

When we go to Cozumel next spring we are heading back to Paradise Beach and probably going to spend some time walking around and window shopping.

Or see it all, rent a vehicle and tour the island for the day.

For anyone going to the East side, remember that the tides are stronger there (which is why all the beach resorts and commercial development is on the West side).

The East side the sand is softer...but the currents are to be "respected".

We love Paradise Beach---good drinks and food and water toys for the kids.

Free to get in and lounges and umbrellas are free too. Just a cost to use the water toys, I forget how much.

Tom is the host and really makes you feel welcome.

$10 for all day. This is why I recommend it for folks with kids.

If the kids are bored...it will not be a fun day at the beach!!! :D

Archived