Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Thanks for the Sapphire aft photos. We actually drove over to San Pedro to see the aft cabins and we found by standing at the top of the Lane Victory battleship it was docked next to (so to speak) and using binoculars we could check out "our" balcony for our cruise next year. The two volunteer workers on the LV standing in our location wondered what the heck we were doing :)

It was great to be able to talk to those veterans (now LV volunteers) who served our country back in WWII and to hear their stories.

This is such an awesome thread! We have our first aft cabin booked on the Crown in December. And I have the CC crowd to thank for that! Does anyone have pictures of C752? Thanks! :D

We will be in that cabin in a few weeks. I will try to post some pictures when I get back.

Our first aft cabin in September! We will be in C753 too! I'm so excited to try this cabin out after all of the wonderful comments here on CC. We also have it booked next year for our Hawaii cruise.... :D

r&rlovescruising:

Be kind to the mattress and if you have ordered an egg crate tell the steward to leave it on the bed. We move in C753 for our 30 day to Sydney when you leave on September 22nd. :):)

Snowbird

• 3 weeks later...

We were just onboard the Sapphire Princess in C753 for a inside passage cruise to Alaska. A week before sailing we were offered a "upgrade" to a mini-suite on Dolphin deck and I'm glad we turned it down. This is really a great cabin and would recommend it if it's available.

DSC_0012.jpg.ea07d7d9d5f9883541def1b365b3805a.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg.a335b2d5135fa842a6a17a64423fe2c4.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg.e70df9e7e5b74bb826eaec1f33bd94a2.jpg

IMGA1566.jpg.4d1fe3971f2d26e556d96c4631ed17da.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg.e67c69c6b1518dad3030dabf2f51d571.jpg

I'm looking forward to our first true aft balcony in 40 days. We have been in mini suite E730 and E731 which had a wonderful balcony and awesome views. Looking forward to a new experience. DH on the other hand is not so sure.

While truly loving the coveted mini's that you mention, we decided we preferred a BB aft over it. Now if they put the mini on the aft... well hallah!

While truly loving the coveted mini's that you mention, we decided we preferred a BB aft over it. Now if they put the mini on the aft... well hallah!

Can you tell me why you liked the aft regular better than those 2 remarkable minis?

Maybe the new ships they are building will have some aft minis. Wouldn't that be great!

Can you tell me why you liked the aft regular better than those 2 remarkable minis?

Maybe the new ships they are building will have some aft minis. Wouldn't that be great!

We both just really really love the aft view with the wake and being able to see both sides. We love the aft wrap types too. But I do love those mini's and the huge balconies you get..

I'd be curious to hear your opinion after you cruise aft. So come back here, OK?

We were just onboard the Sapphire Princess in C753 for a inside passage cruise to Alaska. A week before sailing we were offered a "upgrade" to a mini-suite on Dolphin deck and I'm glad we turned it down. This is really a great cabin and would recommend it if it's available.

That does look like a great location and great balcony. I'll remember that as I cruise the Sapphire often. Thanks for the pics! All those pictures of the Sapphire make me a little sad. I've sailed her many times and really wish I could drive to San Pedro on Saturday and board her for a cruise!

Edited by chloedmom

We both just really really love the aft view with the wake and being able to see both sides. We love the aft wrap types too. But I do love those mini's and the huge balconies you get..

I'd be curious to hear your opinion after you cruise aft. So come back here, OK?

Will come back and give my opinion.

DH is worried we are going to miss our views from the side. Such as when we are in port, etc. I worry about the no breeze thing, hoping it won't be too hot. I love having breakfast on the balcony and just chillin' out there. Those aft minis have a good view of the wake as well as the side view. we have always felt we had it all in those last minis. Extended balcony, side and aft view plus a roof! ;) Just really curious how we are going to like this. Have had it booked for over a year, will find out very soon.

We are not that picky though. We are on a cruise, have a balcony and it's all good!

• 1 month later...
flvol77 ~ thanks so much. What a great job you have done! This is an incredible thread and will be put to good use by so many! From what I've read you can really get a bum deal if you get a beam or vent aft cabin. We have the corner B748 aft on the Emerald Princess for our 12/20. It would have been so easy to make a huge cabin mistake. I could have used your aft pictures back in April when I booked the 12/20.

Denise...those were awesome pictures of your cruises! You are a fantastic photographer!

We're going on the Ruby on 1/30/11, same cabin. I'd love to hear what you thought of it. I can't wait to have coffee on the balcony in the mornings :)

We got back a couple weeks ago. We were in B749 on the Emerald (the other corner aft) and LOVED IT!

Did you possibly take any pictures of the inside and the balcony?? We will be in C748 on the Sapphire Princess and then in C752 on the Golden Princess over the holidays this week..

Edited by teachergal29

Here is a view from the door of the room next to us. B749 is at the end if you turn right. There's the crew door straight ahead and then a little alcove on the left. Very quiet.

Emerald9-19-10casio196.jpg

View laying on the bed looking at the view

EmeraldCruise9-19-10Canon37.jpg

One neighbor

EmeraldCruise9-19-10Canon27.jpg

I took these pics last week! We stayed in B748, a corner aft balcony room that we really enjoyed, particularly the balcony! It was not as windy, completely enclosed and covered, and perfect to use as an extension of our room.

How much of where you're going can you see from this cabin? We're in it on the 1/30/11 eastern cruise. Thanks for the pictures.

Anyone have pictures of this VS cabin? I've tried to search and read this whole thread and haven't found any.

We were just upgraded to this from a midship mini-suite. Wooh Hooh! Our first time in a suite and in an aft cabin.

Did I read somewhere about a problem beam on this balcony?