Anyone stay at Le Taha'a private Island and Spa ????

We stayed precruise this past February. Really enjoyed it. The gourmet restaurant was closed for renovations but We thought the food was OK. Our expectations for food at the resorts in FP are not high due to our previous experiences. Like everywhere food is pricey.

We stayed in a Beach Bungalow which we enjoyed, especially the private plunge pool and the outside shower. The bungalow was showing its age, and the lengthy walk to the pool and restaurant might be crticized but we would go back again in a heart beat. We had to check out early on the day of departure but as is the custom at all the resorts we visit, they gave us access to a day room to shaower and change for the trip to Papeete and our cruise.

We were there in off season and it would appear they give locals special deals as a couple of families with several children appeared toward the weekend. I t bugged the wife a bit when the kids had their cells busy talking to mom, friends etc. at the pool. The place seemed deserted most of the time we were there. Everyone was exceedingly friendly.

Be glad to answer any specific questions.

We stayed at Tahaa pre-cruise 2 yrs ago. We had a sunset otw bungalow way at the end--much quieter. We loved everything. The staff was accomodating, the food better than most in FP and the sunsets cooperated. Also will answer any specific questions.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Tahaa. We have an OWB for 3 nights post cruise. Won't know which area until we get there.

Breakfast is included. How did you like the restaurants?

How is the snorkeling?

We have been on the Gauguin 3 times prior to this and look forward to staying on Tahaa.

Thanks, Patricia

Patricia,

The snorkeling was OK but shallow. We did not venture too far afield while we were there. Breakfast was OK, I liked the made to order french toast. My wife was a little disappointed as a couple of mornings they had no pineapple, which she loves in FP.

Lunch at the pool restaurant was pretty good. SOme of their soups are really good.

The gourmet restaurant was closed while we were there. Dinner at the regullar restaurant was better than average for FP.

You might want to check out Trip Advisor as they have postings from folks who stayed there.

LeTaha'a is our absolute favorite. We fell in love with the hotel. We stayed in an OWB after a PG cruise in 2006. We thought the food was awesome, the service spot on, and the romance to die for! The seafood buffet was amazing and the fire dancer entertainment was the best we have seen in Tahiti.

Also, the best Tahiti diving we did, including our trip this May, was with Blue Nui at LeTaha'a. My husband and I were the only ones on the dive boat and the DM took us to beautiful untouched dive spots that he personally had named. It was spectacular diving.

About snorkeling, right by (walking distance) to the hotel are the "Coral Gardens" that everyone raves about. The snorkeling was wonderful. This is where a PG's snorkel excursion goes. We had a wonderful day of snorkeling here in May.

I highly recommend LeTaha'a Private Island and Spa!

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to decide where to do our post-cruise and am pretty certain by now that we will be at Le Taha'a. We are booking it through Regent. Has anyone purchased the meal plan (I know breakfast is already included but we were thinking that it makes sense to pay for all of it up front)? If so, do you know if we can still eat in the "gourmet" restaurant, and whether there is a supplemental charge? Is the restaurant worth it? Very excited about this trip. The advice on this board has been invaluable.

Olive,

We are doing a post stay at Le Taha'a next month.

We booked through Regent for the 3 nights. Includes breakfast.

I THINK you have to stay longer to get a meal plan, but you can check that out.

I'll let you know about our stay there when we get back....

We love the Gauguin and this will be our 4 time on the ship.

Patricia

Would love any info on your stay there. We are planing to stay there for a few days after our Gauguin cruise in August.Thanks,

Patricia

You know we have. :D

Have a great cruise and hotel stay. ;)

Archived