Coral/Island Princess Aft Balconies

capnjack

I've tried my best to measure up the two decks thanks to Cindy's

web site suggestion and as far as I can figure we are under the gym

but there is still part of the open deck above us. What are the

chances of us not having any privacy? Kind of ruins the idea of having

a balcony and since we're "guarenteed" and I think that the cruise is full I

don't think there's much I can do except to hope for the best. Any more ideas??

Jubie, as I mentioned in a above post I have had quite a few balconies that were open to the element and for us it was not a problem. If I looked around, saw some people looking at me I just waved, said hi and everyone went back to their business. Since you are a guarantee I would try to make the best of it. And another thing everyone will be looking at the canal doings because there is so much to see on that part of the trip that no one will pay attention.

Marilyn

Hi Colo Cruiser-

We have booked the Emerald Deck cabin E706 because it is completely covered. We typically book BA cabins and this is a BF I think. My question, this cabin is directly above the Universe Lounge. Is this going to be a problem in terms of noise?

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Colo Cruiser-

We have booked the Emerald Deck cabin E706 because it is completely covered. We typically book BA cabins and this is a BF I think. My question, this cabin is directly above the Universe Lounge. Is this going to be a problem in terms of noise?

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

The location of these are similar to the Grand Class Emerald cabins over Club Fusion and other then some faint base sounds once in awhile no the noise should not be an issue. :)

We were just upgraded (8/11 cruise) to the E734/736 on the Island Princess (we were upgraded from and inside cabin -- N category; and an HH obstructed oceanview on Emerarld deck). Couple of questions for anyone in the know.

Can the barrier between the balconies be removed? And are the cabins joined by a door?--i.e. adjoining???? (We're travelling with our kids). I imagine the view from these cabins is probably pretty amazing. Also, is the stern balcony public? and sittable?

Thanks. Can't wait, and amazed that we were upgraded on this sold out cruise.

2002--Sun Princess (Alaska SB)

2005--Carnival Valor (W. Carribbean)

2006--NCL Jewel (E. Carribbean)

2008--Island Princess (Alaska NB)

Can the barrier between the balconies be removed? And are the cabins joined by a door?--i.e. adjoining???? (We're travelling with our kids). I imagine the view from these cabins is probably pretty amazing. Also, is the stern balcony public? and sittable?

While the door cannot be removed it can be swung open and kept that way with a hook on the door.

The door is approximately 2 feet wide.

The only place that this cannot be done is in cabins the bridge a firewall.

IE: cabin numbers skip in sequence 100-200 etc.

If the 2 cabins are in the 100's 200's 300 etc then it should be fine.

Just ask your cabin Steward upon boarding to open it as he has a special key. :)

While the door cannot be removed it can be swung open and kept that way with a hook on the door.

The door is approximately 2 feet wide.

The only place that this cannot be done is in cabins the bridge a firewall.

IE: cabin numbers skip in sequence 100-200 etc.

If the 2 cabins are in the 100's 200's 300 etc then it should be fine.

Just ask your cabin Steward upon boarding to open it as he has a special key. :)

Thanks, Colo. Very excited! One week and counting.

Archived