Carnival Miracle, Valor or Norweigan Sun?

Jenn W

Please help me decide. We have a daughter who will be 2 at the time we travel in March 2005 and are considering these different ships/lines. Babysitting/children's play area is a huge issue for us. Whatever one we choose we would like to have dinner alone most nights and have her in a kids club situation. Also, would like to be able to leave her one day for 4-6 hours while we look ruins. I would also like a place to go with her to use their toys/games, etc so we don't need to lug them with us.

I looked on the websites and it seems that Carnival offers more, but they don't change diapers and use a pager. Will they watch a child say for 4-6 hours and change a diaper if need be if we are on a tour? Also, are they almost always open for us to use the facilities with her?

Has anyone used the facilities on Norweigian?

Any advice?

We are considering March 20-27th which is spring break time and am wondering if the 2-5 group will be crazy or March 13-20.

Jenn

Carnivals camps are closed during the early seating for dinner. SO if youpicked early seating for dinner you wont be able to use the camps. (they open about 7-or 7:30.) Late seating starts at 8:00- that woul dbe a better time for her to go to the camp while you dine together. (how is your daughter with going with strangers? how will she be at 8:00 at night?

your daughter will be 2 when you sail and not a month shy of turning 2? Camp is very strict with the age. They also do have pagers for the age group of 2-5 year olds.

Carnival does open for port days and takes kids in while parents do tours. I cant imagine NOT changing diapers for 6 hours? Have you called customer service and asked that question--coz now I'd be curious.

Carnivl does NOT have in cabin babysitting. They do have a drop off babysitting after 10pm which cost 6 bucks an hour.

You will not be able to stay in the playroom with your daughter and play with toys. Parents arent allowed to stay- it makes it hard for other kids to see mommies and not their own.

I am not familiar with Noweign so I cant help you with that.

Archived