Tracking Queen Mary 2

STEPHEN LARKIN

Hi GUYS ,

I have been trying to track the QM2 this evening using the ship trackers SAILWX AND AISLIVERPOOL . I know she left Southampton this evening bound for Cherbourg but as the ship goes towards France the trackers either loose her or in the case of sailwx , the info is out of date .

My question is does anyone know of an on-line ship tracker other than the two I have listed above ?

CHEERS...:)

Hi there,

I use the following site for tracking vessels with work:-

http://www.lloydsmiu.com/lmiu/ais/index.htm

Unfortunately, it's a subscription service but they do offer a free trial and it's pretty accurate.

Have a look at the English Channel. It is a great site and offers a real "warts and all" picture of your favourite vessel! (Check out the detentions and safety inspections section).

AIS Live offers a similar service on the following link and offers a free two week trial as well:

http://www.lrfairplay.com/Maritime_Data/AISlive/AISLive.html?product=AISLive&i=6

Have fun!

Thanks to you both for the ship tracker advice , the first one seems to be working best for me , "*****" and I can advise anyone wishing to track any modern cruiseship that this is the site for you . Its free and gives you not only the ships current position but its port of origin and destination port , plus loads of interesting facts.

WELL WORTH A LOOK

CHEERS...

Thanks Paul...that ***** site is great. I'll definitely bookmark that for my daily fix!!!:rolleyes:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

• 2 years later...
Thanks to you both for the ship tracker advice , the first one seems to be working best for me , "**********" and I can advise anyone wishing to track any modern cruiseship that this is the site for you . Its free and gives you not only the ships current position but its port of origin and destination port , plus loads of interesting facts.

WELL WORTH A LOOK

CHEERS...

I too am trying to find the best site to track QM2, but this one (schiffsposition) seems to be out of action. Any clues what happened and another suggestion? Thanks. Navman

I'm currently looking at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ "marinetraffic dot com / ais /" (with the usual "replace 'dot' with a period, and remove the spaces"...

I'm not sure if this is the same site everyone else is talking about, that site's address has been replaced with a series of stars (why, please?), but this is the site I use too. For those interested in Queen Elizabeth's seatrials, you can track her as well now. Oh and by the way, if you happen to be tracking as the ship enters or departs port, you'll hear a ship's whistle blow!

I too am trying to find the best site to track QM2, but this one (schiffsposition) seems to be out of action. Any clues what happened and another suggestion? Thanks. Navman

Are you trying: sea scanner (remove space between those first two words) dot com forward stroke schiffsposition dot php question mark schiff equals Queen plus Mary plus 2

That site is working for me, and is also a good one but not as informative as the other.

... that site's address has been replaced with a series of stars (why, please?) ...

Hi, Seachase20.

As I think you have already determined, that site is sea scanner (without the space). Besides providing ship tracking services, that site also sells cruises. Cruise Critic automatically replaces the names of certain travel agencies/cruise sales sites with asterisks whenever a post mentions them.

There is a section of the Cruise Critic "Community Guidelines" FAQ which discusses situations where website names are replaced by asterisks.

Archived