Pearl Harbor Question

TennesseeTater

My wife and I will be cruising POA August 30th. We want to do the Pearl Harbor excursion after the cruise. Our bags will be taken to the airport so all we will have is our carry on bags. I know that no bags are allowed inside Pearl Harbor. Are there lockers or someplace safe to store our carry on's while on the tour? Thanks.

My wife and I will be cruising POA August 30th. We want to do the Pearl Harbor excursion after the cruise. Our bags will be taken to the airport so all we will have is our carry on bags. I know that no bags are allowed inside Pearl Harbor. Are there lockers or someplace safe to store our carry on's while on the tour? Thanks.

The lockers at Pearl Harbor are not big enough to store carry on luggage. Will you have a rental car? If so, then you can put it in the trunk.

If you are doing the tour through the ship, then your luggage will go with you under the bus and the bus will stay with you. You can leave your carry on's on the bus that way.

If you contract your tour through an outside operator, be cautious. Many of the outside operators will take a group to Pearl Harbor, leave them to go pick up another group while the first group tours and keep making the cycle. In those cases, you cannot leave your belongings on the bus. So make sure that your tour operator is going to leave the bus (or transportation) at Pearl Harbor while you tour.

Also, if you do your own tour, try to get an early one. They hand out the free tickets that take you out to the Memorial begining at 7:30 and they are usually gone by 10:30-11:00 for the whole day. If you wait to long, you will get a ticket for a late afternoon launch which could interfere with your flight arrangements.

My number one piece of advice for touring Pearl Harbor... get there early, book through the cruise line or book through a reputable tour company.

I agree completely with what DAGVBSB just said. We were there last years and the lockers are the small 15 inch by 15 inch square lockers common at theme parks. Also, get there early. They tickets for the day will all be handed out by 10:30 or so.

We booked an excursion through Grayline post cruise and for $12 per person they provided transportation from the ship to PH followed by a Honolulu city tour and finally airport dropoff all in the same bus. They were able to store our luggage and purses/backpacks securely for the entire time we were in PH. The same tour through the ship cost about $40 pp or so.

Archived