Stateroom Decorations ?

Has anyone ordered the Stateroon Decorations? This is the first cruise my sons (ages 4 and 9) are going on, I thought they would enjoy them. I saw them on the website, but not in person. Tell me your thoughts.

Thank you.

Has anyone ordered the Stateroon Decorations? This is the first cruise my sons (ages 4 and 9) are going on, I thought they would enjoy them. I saw them on the website, but not in person. Tell me your thoughts.

Thank you.

We just arranged for the birthday decorations for my mother in law. There was a Happy Birthday sign on the door, a decorative mobile over the seating area and streamers and a paper "disco ball" shape over the bed. Any more would have been too much for the cabin. She was very pleased. The cost was $31.

I just arrived home from my first cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. We ordered anniversary decorations for my parents 50th anniversary... I think they were about $30, and although a wee bit cheesy (blue and white crepe paper garland and a poofy thing that hung over their bed), my parents really liked the surprise! There was also a door sign that said "happy anniversary". All in all, glad I spent the money. And my mother carried the poofy thing home on the plane, and southwest gave my parents a bottle of champagne!

Here is an attachment of part of the birthday decorations I ordered from the ship for my sister's birthday. We also had a smaller version on this in the small entry way leading into our cabin.

I also had a sign made, before we left, to place on the outside of the door. The sign was easy rolled up and placed in my luggage where it was safely hidden out-of-sight until I was ready to surprise her with it. Any party store that makes banners can do one for you, for a minimum price. Just be sure and tell them that it needs to be printed vertical.

This may sound strange, but we have strange humor in our family. When we cruise I usually decorate my parents room for them. The last cruise was the newlywed package. They are not newlyweds, but because of the sign on the door any time someone walked by them as they were going into their room they were told congratulations and it was kinda funny. One trip though the decorations fell in the middle of the night and scared my mom have to death!

Just a thought since they are kids, maybe send them a gift rather then decorations from the kids packages. They might have more fun going though something rather then looking at decorations. Just a thought. Happy cruising!

We have done the Birtday ones, my sister got us the Anniversary ones, and now I am getting my son/fiance the Just Married ones for their honeymoon.

Yes, little cheesy, little pricy, but they are so much fun. My DH loved his birthday ones and we also took home some of the Anniversary ones. So I so go for it!

This may sound strange, but we have strange humor in our family. When we cruise I usually decorate my parents room for them. The last cruise was the newlywed package. They are not newlyweds, but because of the sign on the door any time someone walked by them as they were going into their room they were told congratulations and it was kinda funny. One trip though the decorations fell in the middle of the night and scared my mom have to death!

DH and his sister do this, but with birthday cards. One year he sent her a card in Spanish (neither of them can read Spanish), another one I think the card had dogs on it with candles, and they were enjoying the butt scent. Maybe a little strange, but fun nonetheless. :)

I surprised my husband with them for his birthday. It did make the cabin festive and your sons would probably like them. I also purchased some birthday window clings on Ebay and put them on the sliding door! You could look for some tropical clings with suns, palm trees, etc. If you don't have a balcony, you could put them on the mirrors in the room!

Hope you and your sons enjoy your cruise!

Nancy

Surprised DH with them on cruise in January. He really liked them. He brought parts of it home to show the kids. It is still sitting on the top of his dresser. I guess he doesn't want to part with it:D

My TA surprised me with birthday decorations on my last cruise. I loved them! It made my cabin feel extra special! It was a nice touch! I even brought the decorations home and enjoyed them after the cruise as well.

On our last cruise (and my DS - 10's first) we ordered him the Adventure Ocean lunch box kit thingy - it had a few snacks and such. He loved it, and he actually still uses the lunch bag cooler for school.

I've been contemplating the decorations for our next cruise, as it's my DH's birthday (well, the cruise was his birthday gift - his birthday is in February, and we're sailing in September - go figure...). But, they do look a little bit cheezy - I thought about bringing my own decorations, and putting them up whilest I sent him to get something somewhere (like - "honey, the pursers office is calling - they must have found the case of beer in your suitcase!" that'll get him outta there quick!).

Whatever you do I'm sure they'll love! Heck, the cruise alone is fun enough!

- Jill

We decorated our door ourself on our last cruise to Alaska. I found some printable magnetic paper at staples and make pictures of whales, dogs and sleds, glaciers, and a few other things and placed them on our metal entrance door. I heard people exclaiming how nice the door was and how easy it was to recognize throughout the week. So go for it.

We decorated our door ourself on our last cruise to Alaska. I found some printable magnetic paper at staples and make pictures of whales, dogs and sleds, glaciers, and a few other things and placed them on our metal entrance door. I heard people exclaiming how nice the door was and how easy it was to recognize throughout the week. So go for it.

We had deck 6 Promenade cabins on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago and I put my grandkids' stuffed animals and the towel animals in the windows each day. For the 4th of July, I bought some patriotic decorations at Michael's and decorated our windows with them. It was easy to identify the room and I saw people taking pictures of them from the Promenade.

Katink

Archived