Port "Guaranteed Shops" with Onboard Media

MrsLion

Here is my experience from November cruise aboard the Celebrity Cruise ship, Millennium

I purchased a gold chain at the "Guaranteed Store" Ethos by Michelle in Athens Greece with specific requirements which were told to Michelle herself, who helped me pick the chain.The same evening of purchase, I went to the shopping coordinator on the ship to tell her that chain was catching on my clothes and my hair and was kinking (this is a $1000 chain) and I wanted to have it refunded or replaced. I was told to wait until I was back home and contact the main Onboard office. Quite snootily to boot!

This was Mid November 2007. I heard back from the main office a couple of times in December to say they are looking into it. Then no contact, nothing for months. I emailed Onboard media several time, as well as phoned and left messages, and got no response. I even emailed the cruise line asking for assistance in communicating with these people. I didn't hear back from them either. Five months later, I still hadn't heard a thing. It is now nearly August, ten months later, and still Onboard Media has not bothered to assist me. The latest contact was in May asking if they could close the file. Nothing had been done and they want to close the file?

When I told the rep on the phone this, she said send the chain to her. I wonder if she thought all her customers that big of fool, or just me. NO! If I don't hear from a company who is offering a guarantee for a period of six months I am not going to send a $1000 chain in hopes she will do something with it, other than wear it out on a n evening. I am then out of pocket and merchandise and without a cause.

I told this woman that I did not trust their company, due to their lack of communication. If they cannot bother to offer any customer service, or satisfaction then their guarantee shopping program is a farce. I will not send them my chain, but they can contact the store tell them the issues from day one, and when prearranged, contact me for the next step. I know this isn't a $24,000 piece of jewelry only $1000, but the value is all equal when you are ripped off.

I DO NOT recommend placing your trust in Onboard Media's Guarenteed Shopper stores anymore than any other store, and we are all in the situation of buyer beware.

As of today July 14th, 2008. I have not yet heard back from them since the closing ticket request call.:mad:

Archived