Ziplines: most "ZIP" for the money??

eaglewingks

For those who have done these excursions, which tour gives the most 'zip' for the money? I have found three companies so far: Southest Exposure, Alaska Zipline Adventures, and Alaska Canopy Adventure. Which one should we go with?

Anyone that calls themself Raiderhater cannot be trusted.......:eek: Especially, since I can tell you that the zipline in Hoonah, Icy Straight Point is the longest and highest zipline in North America and all my friends that went on it a month ago when we were up there had a blast! Oh, yeah, and I have been a Raider Fan for almost 40 years now, so, you can trust me............lol! :p

We went with Alaska Canopy Adventures (I'm wearing my shirt right now) in Ketchikan. We LOVED IT! The reason we picked this one it because we wanted to ZIP, not do any rope challenges or climbing walls. There were about 8 lines and 3 bridges. No fluff in between. Well worth it. I see now on their website they cost is $165, but we went thru Princess and paid about the same but had transportation. Have fun! http://www.alaskacanopy.com

We went with Alaska Canopy Adventures (I'm wearing my shirt right now) in Ketchikan. We LOVED IT! The reason we picked this one it because we wanted to ZIP, not do any rope challenges or climbing walls. There were about 8 lines and 3 bridges. No fluff in between. Well worth it. I see now on their website they cost is $165, but we went thru Princess and paid about the same but had transportation. Have fun! www.alaskacanopy.com

This was the BEST EX. we had thw whole trip. The guides were very fun and we had a BLAST. I would reccomend this company to anyone who askes what to do in Ketchikan.BTW I am als wearing the shirt too.

Mosimon - how physically demanding was it over all? I'm considering this for my DH and me in a few weeks (although I haven't checked if it is sold out or not). It sounds like a blast. Also another quick question - if I were to bring my back pack to hold our stuff would that work? Or is there a place to leave possessions while you're have fun?

We went with Alaska Canopy Adventures (I'm wearing my shirt right now) in Ketchikan. We LOVED IT! The reason we picked this one it because we wanted to ZIP, not do any rope challenges or climbing walls. There were about 8 lines and 3 bridges. No fluff in between. Well worth it. I see now on their website they cost is $165, but we went thru Princess and paid about the same but had transportation. Have fun! www.alaskacanopy.com

It was not physically challenging at all!! Once you get there they have this rig that they take you to the top of the hill. At the top there is a cabin where you can use the restroom and get all your gear on. I don't think a backpack would work. They do have big totes for you to put any extra things in. I would wear something with pockets that zip. I did that and was able to carry my camera and glasses. From that you step out of the cabin and your first zip is right there. You then go from tree to tree and across three bridges. You last zip outs you up on top of a tower where you just walk down stairs from there. No walls, no rope courses.

IF this is what you want to do, BOOK IT NOW! We booked thru Princess well before our cruise. When we got on the ship it was all sold out. ALL OF IT! If you book it independently, I don't know if they pick you up from the dock or not. It's kind of out in the middle of no where.

Enjoy, it was a blast!

I am over 50 years old and did this excursion through Princess this May. I prepared by doing some leg squats recommended by my massage therapist and had no problems at all. I would strongly recommend that you have rubber soled shoes for the bridges. My son did not, and as it was misting, he had some trouble walking across the bridges(not in any danger though, because all the lines are still attached to you.) Also, the guide let us off at Creek St on the way back.

We did this one. My husband and I are in our 50's and our kids were 16 and 21. My husand and kids loved it. For me...I don't think I would do it again but I'm glad I did it. You are very high up, but always attached so even if you slip you can't fall.

On one zip I didn't make it all the way and stopped in the middle of the zip. When they tell you to tuck, you have to tuck. :rolleyes: I started to bring myself in hand over hand but one of the guides came out and attached himself to me and reeled me in. It was a little embarassing.

Archived