Table for two?

bickee

Hi! How difficult is it to get a table for two in late seating on Celebrity? Hubby and I typically sail Princess and love the anytime dining and the ability to sit alone. I'm guessing the tables for two are hard to come by?

We have taken 3 Celebrity cruises and dined at late seating each time. We had no problem what so ever in getting a table for two each time. Just make sure to double check as soon as you get on board, they will probably be set up in the Readevoux (sp) lounge for just this purpose. Good luck.

Bickee,

Although my upcoming cruise to Alaska is my first with Celebrity, I called the 1-800-242-6374 listed on Celebrity's web site (under special requests) and requested we a table for two. They said "no problem" they would put down my request. Don't know if we'll get it or not!!!

I believe it is option #2 when you call. It's worth a try.;)

Barb

We have always received a table for 2 for late seating. I don't know if it is because we always book a Concierge Cabin. But when we first board, we always check first thing, and have never been disappointed. Maybe other posters can say what cabin categories they had. I know on some lines the higher the category, the quicker they are to accommodate you. Good Luck.

Hmm, well that helps quite a bit. I was limiting our possible Med cruiselines for next year based on open seating, but with the table for two option Celebrity is added to the list! The Solstice has a nice itinerary!

We shall see!

We thought of the same problem before, but not any more after our recent 12 day British Isles voyage on the Century. You can eat at the buffet restaurant (where you eat your breakfast and lunch), and they serve buffet dinners at the back of the ship. They actually cook your food to your order in front of you, be it paster, stir-fry, or whatever. You eat by yourselves at your own pace, and there are few people there. Who wants to sit through a two hour scheduled course by course where you have to wait for the kitchen as well as the neighbouring tables when you have such other choices? We ended up eating the majority of our dinners there even though we were granted a table for two!

Just a little warning on tables for 2. I was on the Constellation for 22 days last April. Most of the tables for 2 are in the worst possible locations. Jammed against a wall, right by the kitchen doors, right in the traffic pattern for all the waiters and other diners, etc. I far preferred our table for 6 in a good location.

Just a little warning on tables for 2. I was on the Constellation for 22 days last April. Most of the tables for 2 are in the worst possible locations. Jammed against a wall, right by the kitchen doors, right in the traffic pattern for all the waiters and other diners, etc. I far preferred our table for 6 in a good location.

This is not always the case, as many times we have been assigned a table for 2 at a table for 4 in a good location. On our last Summit cruise we had a table for 4 all to ourselves, right next to the Captain's table and those huge windows.

When we've requested a table for 2 we've been seated at a table for 2 on the upper floor at the balcony edge overlooking deck 4. Beautiful!

We've seen the tables for 2 you mentioned and you're right, they look uncomfortable. Sorry!

Happy cruising!

Denise

I guess if you are on a cruise that is not filled to capacity you could get a table for 2 that normally seats 4.

My last two Constellation cruises (one a TA and one a British Isles) was booked to capacity. We saw numerous couples stuck at some of the worst tables with no chance of moving. We felt so sorry for one couple near us that we invited them to eat at our table for 6 one night when we had two spaces.

Their table was stuck against in inside wall with the kitchen doors on their right and the main entrance aisle on their left. They had a constant parade of waiters, bus boys and passengers passing by during the whole dinner.

We also noticed that they were among the first to leave each night. Who would want to linger over a nice dessert and coffee or after dinner drink in that situation.

Archived