RCCL tour number 7 info

atv girl

Hi I`m fairly new to cruising,alaska will be our 4th but never to alaska.

We`re booked june 09.

My question is We`re taking the wilderenss express to Talkeetna, where we have lunch on our own, then a scenic ride to Denali.It says the evening is free,can you tell me if theres a place my DH can fish,or any other rec. we were thinking atving also.

Next day is the denali national history tour, then it says in the afternoon we board a bus for a scenic drive to talkeetna and spend the night. so my question I know the history tour has`nt gotten rave reviews, if we skip that, is there a convient place to get our bus to head up to talkeetna.Everything is priced together for the trip so I`m not sure if I can cancel that part. I know most people say do it on your own, but due to my inexperience, its a challenge enough to book my own excursions, with this site it is so helpful.Thanks in advance I know I`ll get some great advice.

reason for tour 7 we have a limited amount of days so seemed like our best option.

I really cannot answer too many of your questions, but I would like to mention a few things. We took RCCL Cruisetour #9 this May. We cruised first and then did the land portion. We really enjoyed the cruisetour, and everyone in our group felt that the Natural History Tour was fine. To be honest, I am not sure I would have wanted a longer ride on a bus that was just a little above a school bus. We saw some caribou, and lots of snow shoe hares. We also saw Mt. Mckinley. It was quite a distance away but it was actually "out " then so we felt privileged to have seen it. The train rides were outstanding with good food and very comfortable seats in a domed car. If you get a chance, go outside on the platform between the cars while the train is in motion. It was really a different perspective and fun.

Wolfie11 thanks for the info I`m trying to absorb as much as I can and make it the best trip, I orginally thought this is a once in a lifetime trip but from reading it seems most people go more than once.

Contact the hotels where you will be staying on your land tour. If you don't know which hotels RCCL will be using, call them and ask. We are leaving tomorrow for our cruisetour. Our ticket book lists excursions for the land tour, but I also know that the hotels have excusions for their guests.

The tour director will also answer any questions about excusions when you are picked up for the land tour portion. There will be opportunities to book excursions then and at the hotels.

My husband wants to go fishing, as well. We will book through the hotel.

Hope you have a great cruise!:D

Nellie, have a great trip we don`t go till next yr so you have a great time, if you find any good fishing excursions, please post them here. Its going to be a long yr. my friend just bought me some great info. so I`m reading like crazy.

Archived